Thanks so much for the nice comments guys! :salute:

Thank you Holmes for the markings suggestions. I did seriously consider doing a shark mouth scheme, several in fact, but decided to just do eight different schemes for now, 6 of which will have a choice of weapons loads which makes 14 different files going to the printer this week...

Hi Fulcrumserg, welcome to ARC :wub:

I did consider including R-27Ts instead of R-27Rs. I didn't realize that the T was more common then but in doing so much research in the last month I agree with you. I think I'll change it before going to print. Thank you for pointing it out. :cheers:

"Blue 24" or is it black?

24full.jpg

The model kits and artwork I've seen of it include blue numbers. The World Air Power Journal Flanker Special (by Jon Lake) has artwork that appears dark blue with accompanying text calling it "Blue 24" but also shows photos that look very dark, almost black.

Jon Lake's other book, Su-27 Flanker-Sukhoi Superfighter has one of the same photos with text that says "Black 24".

Anybody know for sure?

ATTN FLANKER FANS!!!

I posted a huge list of links to Su-27 walkarounds and websites in the Research Corner Forum.

Enjoy and please add more links or photos there if you have any!

Su-27 Flanker references, Lots of walkarounds

:cheers:

Wow, those are some terrific profiles you've created, Zactoman! Very detailed and accurate, I really like the Ukrainian schemes you've done. I note that you refer to the 831st FR, Myhorad, Ukraine. The correct pronunciation is Myrhorod (Ukrainian), or Myrgorod (Russian), or alternatively, Mirgorod. Mir = Peace; Gorod = Place or Town. In the Ukrainian language the hard G sound is replaced with the H.

Keith

Very, very nice profiles there Zactoman!

The amount of detail you've put into them is amazing!

Personally I would prefer port side profiles as they seem to be more the norm and what my eye is more used to seeing, but what you've done is no less pleasing, maybe consider it for your next subject?

Any idea how much these prints will be?

Do you intend doing the Eritrean and Angolan Flankers?

Cheers

Richard.

Thanks again for the nice comments :bandhead2:

I'm finished!

No more schemes for now and just a few small tweaks on a couple of the birds before burning them to disk and heading off to the printer tomorrow.

I'll finalize the cost with the printer, give it some thought and update my website with buy-now buttons later this week.

I will certainly consider sticking with port side profiles on my future ventures.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I hadn't really considered it initially and decided on the starboard side because I liked the looks of the gun panels...

I note that you refer to the 831st FR, Myhorad, Ukraine. The correct pronunciation is Myrhorod (Ukrainian), or Myrgorod (Russian), or alternatively, Mirgorod. Mir = Peace; Gorod = Place or Town. In the Ukrainian language the hard G sound is replaced with the H.

Keith

Thank you for pointing this out Keith! PM inbound...

I made a typo on the first Ukrainian scheme and copy/pasted that line for each there-after...I think I had intended to write "Mirgorod" as that's how the references in front are spelled, but now that you've pointed out that the Ukrainian spelling is different (or are you talking about pronounciation only and not spelling???)...

If the Ukrainian spelling is "Myrhorad" that's probably how I should spell it on the print...Is the rest of it (Poltava Oblast, Ukraine) spelled correctly for a Ukrainian bird?

Here's "Blue 38" fully loaded and now carrying the R-27T rather than the R-27R. This will be the weapons configuration for all 6 of the armed birds. All 8 of the schemes will also be available empty, with pylons only.

38full.jpg

:wave:

Edited by Zactoman

Hi Chris,

Mirgorod would be correct for spelling - you are right in that the Ukrainian spelling is also with a g, but pronounced with an h. The remainder is correct (Poltava Oblast, Ukraine). Look forward to more excellent profile art from you!

Cheers,

Keith

you have the error again in the title of 07/38. The airbase is Kilp-Yavr, not Yilp-Kavr.

And Russian Knights is no 234 FR, this was disbanded and since 1992 this is 237 center for presenting aircrafts (how it is right written in english - im dont know).

:D How embarrassing...My Russian just ain't what it used to be...Or too much fun Photoshopping and not enough sleep...

Kilp-Yavr fixed. Mirgorod fixed. Minor adjustments to some of the schemes finished. Ready to start burning discs and hopefully get to the printer before they close today!

Re.: Russian Knights. My profile is the early scheme when they were still 234 FR, pre-1992. Thank you for pointing it out though! :)

Thanks everybody! :o

;)

Wow, simply superb! May i suggest that you should maybe have su-27 resin + poster bundle? ;)

Anyway, i want one, or more of these awsome posters...Do more, please! *su-47* *su-47* *su-47* *su-47* :D :) :o

Thanks Berkut!

I'll give the resin + print bundle some thought.

I kinda doubt I'll be doing an Su-47. Not as a 'serious' detailed print anyway. Perhaps as a 'what-if' if I can find some decent line drawings,,, and time....

Thanks Richard! Sorry bud...I'm guessing that the customers will be more the model builder types than art collector types and since there is no kit or conversion kit (yet...) for the early tailed bird...

I visited the printer today and picked up test proofs of all 8 schemes, including a three footer!

First3footer.jpg

They are printer at 1440 dpi! Every little detail shows up nice and clear. :P

We ended up doing away with the gradated background and going with a solid light gray due to problems with printing without striping. I think I like it better this way anyways...

Just some minor tweaks on the colors and it's ready to go!

WAY cool!!!

If you need pictures of Su-47, i have 105. :)

I have some pictures of a what if Naval verson of Su-47, will post them later.

But i totaly understand if you chose to not make profile, since it is not the most prodused plane.... :rofl:

BTW, i dont know if i missed it, but what price will it be per print?

:worship:

Way cool mr zactoman way cool indeed

I'm realy liking the profile of the russian knights as I've seen these guys a couple of times on shows and they did some awesome stuff with those bad boys

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Thanks Frederick and Guy :cheers:

profiles are great! i am very interesting in profile about blue 38, but titan plate in front of 30 mm gun is shorter one than on profile! please correct that :thumbsup: everything else is OK! :thumbsup:
Thank you for pointing this out Mario, and thank you for providing photos to help me make the correction. I only wish you had discovered the error sooner!

I made the correction and also made a few modifications to the camouflage , markings and weathering.

38full.jpg

And thanks to Flankerman I was able to determine that "Red 07" should also have the shorter panel.

07full.jpg

I'm currently working on a new Zacto-Art page layout for my website.

I hope to have it up and ready to take orders in a few days.

I'm still trying to figure out pricing and sizes to offer.

I had planned to release it at 24", 30", and 36" but the 18" that they did the proof prints is actually a nice size. Just big enough to be striking and still show the fine detail.

The 36" is awesome but I'm wondering if it might not be too big for many customers, especially once it is matted (as was pointed out earlier in this thread...).

My other problem with offering lots of sizes is figuring out how to do the Paypal buttons. If I offer eight schemes, six with a weapons choice and four different sizes, that's 56 different Paypal buttons! :wacko:

Anybody familiar with Paypal that has any suggestions?

:rolleyes:

Let the sales begin!!!

I just updated my website and am now accepting orders.

I've added an individual page with close-ups for each scheme.

That was a lot of work... :wacko:

Please check out the site and tell me what you think!

www.Zactomodels.com

Thanks again for all the helpful advice, reference materials, nice comments and moral support you guys have given me :cheers:

I'm hoping sales go well as I've already started my next project!

Edited by Zactoman