CF-104 Metal finish

I am about to use Alcad 2 on My metalic finisf CF-104. Which Alclad colours would you use? :D

Stephen

Various shades of aluminium. The aft fuse though was another metal. I dont have any refs in front of me so wont even venture a guess.

James

Various shades of aluminium. The aft fuse though was another metal. I dont have any refs in front of me so wont even venture a guess.

James

To clarify my question, should I use High Shine Aluminum or regular white aluminum or darker?

Hi Shine would be a good base,and would be 90% of your finish, then you can mask off different panels and use other metallic's to represent the different shading.

Curt

Edited by Netz

Hello all,

I will be watching this thread with interest as I'm working on a similar project: an F-104 in natural metal for a colleague's father that flew one during the 1960's for the Taiwan Air Force.

If at all possible, please let me know how you made out. I will try to do the same, as I hope to primer and paint mine this weekend somewhere between the Sebring 12hrs sportscar and Australian Grand prix races.

Michael