1/48 Italeri V-22 Osprey

Just wondering, but has anyone seen any 1/72 scale V-22s by AMT and ESCI? There are a couple of them on Ebay right now, and they're going to end soon. It's a set of three, the Italeri, the AMT, and the ESCI, but I' not sure if they are legit, other than the Italeri one.

Look like theres going to be a wee delay in this project.

I just got blind sided at work today. I'm Going TDY.

Melbourne FL, just south of Daytona 15 Apr-05 May

for a test that we are doing.

And boy do I got some stuff I need to do here.

Steve

Edited by kopterdoctor
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Fellas,

I am a V22 crew chief Currently attached to VMM-162 seriving in Iraq we just took over the mission from VMM-263 I have been to Iraq twice before on CH-46Es

Having just got back into modeling I want to build some of the sweet aircraft I have had the oportunity to work on.

I have the model here with me in Iraq and I figured it would have some problems but this thing is going to need alot of work.

If anyone has specific questions Ill do my best to answer them but there is a specific webiste you can go to for most questions.

I would like to detail the model as much as possible id like to have engines gear boxes the whole bit done.

we are in the process of mods on this aircraft all the time so I have new info before anyone and as im a modeler I would like to help make these update kits happen.

one problem I have is I can not get photobucket.

Someone asked about the silver V22 that is a VMX aircraft they have 2 with that paint schem its classified but it serves a purpose, they are the only 2 painted like that and I have flown on aircraft #22 cant remember the buno!

Later!

johnny p

Hey Fellas,

I am a V22 crew chief Currently attached to VMM-162 seriving in Iraq we just took over the mission from VMM-263 I have been to Iraq twice before on CH-46Es

Having just got back into modeling I want to build some of the sweet aircraft I have had the oportunity to work on.

I have the model here with me in Iraq and I figured it would have some problems but this thing is going to need alot of work.

If anyone has specific questions Ill do my best to answer them but there is a specific webiste you can go to for most questions.

I would like to detail the model as much as possible id like to have engines gear boxes the whole bit done.

we are in the process of mods on this aircraft all the time so I have new info before anyone and as im a modeler I would like to help make these update kits happen.

one problem I have is I can not get photobucket.

Someone asked about the silver V22 that is a VMX aircraft they have 2 with that paint schem its classified but it serves a purpose, they are the only 2 painted like that and I have flown on aircraft #22 cant remember the buno!

Later!

johnny p

welcome johnny!

semper fi

Dan

I have flown on the silver one!

There are 2 painted silver and I do not expect the rest of them to ever be painted like these cool colors though

Hi All

Heres a pic Charles sent me of a silver V-22.

Has anyone of you scene the real one.

12877042.jpg

Steve

Still won't help......photobucket is blocked by NMCI and all of the DoD servers.

Dave

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? :coolio:

He will have the link with code to post here or anyway and show it. He doesn't need to see it cause he already has it but the rest of us will be able to see it.

Edited by Tank
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello everybody,

New here, just about ready to start my own V-22 kit and wanted to search the forum for tips and extras. I got a nice find that I would like to share with you... I purchased this back in Nov. off of Ebay and the owner said he got it at an Italeri convention in Norfolk, VA:

183788746_o.jpg

183790258_o.jpg

I looked everywhere on the internet and could not find them, so I went ahead and purchased the decals. I'm currently in the AF :salute: and the CV-22 is my dream aircraft that I hope to someday work on, so I was compelled to get those decals.

I hope I'm the only one who has these :thumbsup: and it was nice stoppin by, cya.

Hello everybody,

New here, just about ready to start my own V-22 kit and wanted to search the forum for tips and extras. I got a nice find that I would like to share with you... I purchased this back in Nov. off of Ebay and the owner said he got it at an Italeri convention in Norfolk, VA:

183788746_o.jpg

183790258_o.jpg

I looked everywhere on the internet and could not find them, so I went ahead and purchased the decals. I'm currently in the AF :salute: and the CV-22 is my dream aircraft that I hope to someday work on, so I was compelled to get those decals.

I hope I'm the only one who has these :thumbsup: and it was nice stoppin by, cya.

Sorry to burst your zommie bubble but.....

1. Italeri had a booth at IPMS National Convention 2008 in VA Beach.

2. They gave them away.

Sorry to burst your zommie bubble but.....

1. Italeri had a booth at IPMS National Convention 2008 in VA Beach.

2. They gave them away.

For crimony's sake Tank, the guy is happy to get his hand on some hard to find decals and you have to **** all over his post. Keep your assinine remarks to yourself if you don't have something constructive to add to the discussion. This is exactly the kind of crap that people get tired of here.

Hey =GI=,

Take a look here: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/a...ter2002/CV-22B/

Those are CV-22B pics that I took down at Scott AFB. They are exterior pictures b/c the inside was way to crowded to take pictures. And about those decals, those are pretty sweet, huh? I got one sitting in my basement along with the USCG C-130 decals from NATs. Too bad I don't have either kit...lol

Take care & good luck,

Austin

For crimony's sake Tank, the guy is happy to get his hand on some hard to find decals and you have to **** all over his post. Keep your assinine remarks to yourself if you don't have something constructive to add to the discussion. This is exactly the kind of crap that people get tired of here.

Relax dude it was just little good nature ribbing among the services. He didn't get all bent out of shape about it.

Relax dude it was just little good nature ribbing among the services. He didn't get all bent out of shape about it.

Its all fun and games until a civy comes around and starts talking trash, then a beat down is in order. :thumbsup:

Arkhunter, thanks for the pics. Will def come in use when trying to upgrade the V-22 to the CV-22.

Edited by =GI=

Stupid question - So I've seen the MV-22 up-close and personal. I saw the V-22s that they had at Edwards AFB a few years ago. I must've missed some key points. What are the external differences between the CV-22 and MV-22?

Tank - we gotta behave bro, there are civvies around. :thumbsup:

Hey guys - you're all absolutely right! Let me keep my civvie mouth shut from now on. Us outsiders can't understand you gods. Is this a military website? I hadn't realized...

Nah man. We ain't no gods. Just the guys who sometimes forget we're not in the barracks when we are speaking in public.

I'm beginning to wonder if the CV-22s I saw at Edwards we're actual production birds or if they were birds used to intro the type to the USAF.

EDIT - I figured out that I must've looked at that USAF V-22 in 2005 or 2006. If that helps by adding a clue as to whether they were true MV-22s or not.

Edited by John B