I heard about this several years ago as a way of putting stripes on weapons and kept my eyes open fruitlessly every Easter. I figured they didn't make them anymore. Finally came across one yesterday($4.00) at Target and snatched it up. I brought it home and tried it out. You just put the weapon in like you would an egg and turn it. Put the paintbrush against the weapon for a turn and you have a nice consistent stripe. It works good on a 1/72 Sparrow, but not as good on a 1/72 Sidewinder or bombs, because they are a little too small. But, it can be made to work with them as well with a little ingenuity. In the past, I would put the weapons on the end of a Dremel chuck and spin them to get the strips on. But a Dremel spins too fast. Then I found a little Tamiya low speed drill that worked pretty good. But you need three hands to operate the drill, stabilize the spinning weapon, and hold the paintbrush. The Decor-Egger I think will work better, especially for you 1/48 guys.

Edited by DutyCat