RB-36H from Revell

I know that it's being re-released this year. I just don't the exact month. Can anyone shed some light on when it will be coming out?

I'm planning on getting two or three of these if the price isn't too high. (hopefully below $100) I'm glad that they decided to do this as I

would really hate to spend big money on oldmodelkits.com.

RYAN.

You're going to be happy :D

They're supposed to be out in late May and tower hobbies has them listed for 24.99.

John

Thanks Pastafarian for the info.24.99...that does make me happy. Does Tower hobbies have a website where I can order these over the internet? Will they be listed in any other model webstores like Greatmodels or Spruebrothers? I'll have to see about the 1-48 AC-47 and the PBY-5A re-release too.

Later, RYAN.

were would some one put something that BIG that thing is huge

I have a 4x8 foot piece of plywood in my closet. I also have a 1-48 B-29, two 1-48 B-1B's, a 1-144 AN-124, one 1-72 B-36, and three 1-18 F-104's.

I just cleared out my closet display shelf so I can fit two B-36's side by side and have room for one more if I place it diagonally behind the others.

If you can't tell, I like big models and I cannot lie. :coolio:

RYAN. :cheers:

24.99 for a model with a wingspan of slightly under a metre? :D Can you say "value for money"?

Very good value for money. It's low enough for me to buy two or three of them along with a PBY Catalina and the AC-47 gunship.

RYAN.

Cheap!!

Cootoos to Revell! they have been releasing allot of old kits that are great and every one of them has been at great pricing. All their Matchbox 1/32 releases have also been in that same price range in the mid $20.oo

were would some one put something that BIG that thing is huge

How about here?

collection.jpg

The B-36 here is one of my first models, and I've been itching to try my hand at another. Maybe a FICON project, Tom-Tom, or a paper proposal where two B-47s were to be attached wingtip to wingtip to a B-36 mothership...... With a price like that, it's almost criminal NOT to get one!

:pray: Good grief Lucien,

Is that a 1/72 Hughes Hercules you have there? Now that is really hughe (pun intended). What kit is it? Looks like you are going to fit motors to turn the props. Keep us posted on this one mate, great work there and on all the models on top of the display shelf, especially the B-36.

:wacko:,

Ross.

24.99 for a model with a wingspan of slightly under a metre? :wub: Can you say "value for money"?
Especially when you consider they regularly go for around $50USD on eBay and Revell AG re-issued it a couple of years back for about $90USD..... :worship:
:worship: Good grief Lucien,

Is that a 1/72 Hughes Hercules you have there? Now that is really hughe (pun intended). What kit is it? Looks like you are going to fit motors to turn the props. Keep us posted on this one mate....

Absolutely, keep us posted.

Looks like a 1/72 Spruce Goose? That has to be a vacuform kit, right? I've never heard of anyone doing it in injection form.

Wow, it makes the B-36 look smallish......

Wouldnt the old kits have less chance of having large amounts of flash, because the moulds were newer.

Possibly less flash but the decals will be much better. I believe that there were some aftermarket decals at one point for the B-36 but they are long gone and the decals that I have are not very good.

To heck with the aftermarket decals- give me that XC-99 conversion! :thumbsup: (I know it existed, I just haven't found where I can get one... yet)

Jason and Ross- Yup, that's a 1/72 Spruce Goose, a limited run (25 examples) vac from Heavykits. Definitely the hardest kit I've ever built. It's currently stalled (has been for about six months) due to lack of many things, but foremost thick sheet plastic to redo the flaps, ailerons, rudder, and elevators. Some of these I've tried to replace three times already- which is basically the story of the entire build.

Ah, well. When I get some money I should be able to get back to work on it.

BUT

Back to the B-36- I got mine at Hobby Lobby, and it was the Revell Germany re-release. That way I got the wing walk decals... but they were still about two inches short. Another good thing- it was half-off, so I got it for $40, plus tax. But $25- sheesh. I may have to break my rule of "no new kits this year".... :P

Edited by Lucien Harpress
To heck with the aftermarket decals- give me that XC-99 conversion! :thumbsup: (I know it existed, I just haven't found where I can get one... yet)

Jason and Ross- Yup, that's a 1/72 Spruce Goose, a limited run (25 examples) vac from Heavykits. Definitely the hardest kit I've ever built. It's currently stalled (has been for about six months) due to lack of many things, but foremost thick sheet plastic to redo the flaps, ailerons, rudder, and elevators. Some of these I've tried to replace three times already- which is basically the story of the entire build.

Ah, well. When I get some money I should be able to get back to work on it.

BUT

Back to the B-36- I got mine at Hobby Lobby, and it was the Revell Germany re-release. That way I got the wing walk decals... but they were still about two inches short. Another good thing- it was half-off, so I got it for $40, plus tax. But $25- sheesh. I may have to break my rule of "no new kits this year".... ;)

I forgot to add, the XC-99 conversion can be found at oldmodelkits.com. You may have to do a little bit of searching to find it, though.

RYAN.