I will be starting my kit this weekend, its the very old but still good Revell Bf 109G-10 that has been in my kit stash for about 20 years now and this GB is the perfect reason to build it.

This model will be built O.O.B. except for resin wheels and aftermarket decals.

Look at the dust on the box top!

309646173.jpg

In this pic notice the very yellowed kit decals, I will be using Eagle Cals instead.

309646172.jpg

I will post more in-progress pics when I actually get something built/painted.

Matrixone

Hi Richard!

I have been looking forward to getting my build underway, been working extra hours lately including this upcoming weekend so any in-progress reports on this model will be at least another week away.

The good news is I have plenty of P.T.O. hours and vaction time to use up and sould have plenty of time to finish my model before the deadline.

Matrixone

Its not much progress so far but here is what it looks like now. I have a few other projects I am working on at the same time.

311553586.jpg

I will post more pics next weekend, the rest of this model should be a very quick build.

Matrixone

• 3 weeks later...

The airframe is now built, only a few small areas need some Mr. Surfacer added to it now so by next weekend I should be painting this model.

314067182.jpg

314067181.jpg

Behind the 109 you can see some of my other projects I have started, they are Fw 190D-12s, my other Focke-Wulfs that are underway now are not pictured.

It will be a busy year at the MatrixoneWerks!

Matrixone

Thanks Richard,

There has been a slight change in my plans...no painting this weekend because of my job, I can't turn down the chance to work overtime, however the week after that I will have a five day weekend and should get quite a bit done on the 109 and my other 'secret' model I have been working on, you will like it!

Matrixone

Thanks Greg,

No new pics yet but the 109 has been pre-shaded now and I will get some pics during the painting process.

I can't wait to show you the 'secret' fighter I am working on! It should be finished about the same time as the Bf 109G-10.

Matrixone

Hi Les,

I completed this beaut of a kit here as well, nice to see yours coming along. I agree with you that just about all of this kit is OK exceot the wheels, I used a spare set of Academy on mine. I am quite keen to see your one in it's paint scheme - looking terrific already.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

Of all the older kits that I have built this one is my favorite, I can't think of any other kits of Luftwaffe aircraft that are as old as this but still looks good compared with the modern kits.

I will be doing ''Black <3'' of II./JG 52, it was one of the aircraft that was surrendered at Neubiberg in May 1945.

Painting this one will be a lot of fun because it was a well used airplane and it will look good with some careful weathering done to it.

Matrixone

After painting on some camouflage colors this thing is looking better now, next weekend I will get the rudder and nose painted yellow and then start gloss coating it.

315996231.jpg

315996230.jpg

Matrixone