Thank you Jack,

Painting is about my favorite part of building models.

Here are two pics of what the 109 looks like right now, I still have a bunch of decals to add to it yet.

317665320.jpg

317665319.jpg

Matrixone

I wont be tired of repeatin it but there's a fantastic build!

sometimes is not the kit/aftermarket you buy that makes the difference but the way you paint and reach the realism that REALLY makes the very difference!!!

Won't stop to say that is a beautiful job...love it!!!

PS: what a/b and paints do you use?I'm also a fun of mottling and I use MM specifically for that job!let me know,really interesting to see differences.ohhh and I use a tamiya HF super fine 0.2 (with an aztek 470 as backup --> always dont use it LOL)

Cheers

:cheers:

Thanks once again Jack, and thank you Rocat and Mikester.

My airbrush that I use is a Badger 150 with the fine needle and head assembly, I also have a Badger 100 G that I use sometimes but I save that one for painting small 1/72 scale models. Some day I would to like try one of the more expensive airbrushes just to see if they are that much better but I am in no hurry to do so. The Badgers that I use now work well enough for me. One thing that I am very fussy about is keeping my airbrushes clean, the only trouble I have ever had with them is when they were not cleaned properly.

I use Model Master enamel paints and thin them quite a bit, its better to paint on thin coats of paint instead of one thick one, besides paint that is even slightly too thick will tend to splatter when trying to to tight edges or mottling.

Today I should get the last of the decals put on the 109, I might post new pics later.

Matrixone

Great job with those badger!cant imagine what you'd do with an iwata or smth LOL LOL!!!!!

wow,great,you use MM...so I can ask you another thing!

I actually use MM for luftwaffe and RAF too (just cause there is a very nice range for both) but a problem that occurs me almost everytime is that when diluting them thotoughly they like clog my a/b every 5/10 secs...it happens only with the flat ones and I think is a prob of the pigments that are bigger or the prob that maybe those jars are too old!!!dunno...ask around and guys told me to mix 50/50 with MM gloss and think I'll do this time with the 109 i'm building!

what are your thoughts?

Thanks for the patience!

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Jack,

The colors I use are semi-gloss and rarely do they clog the tip of my airbrush, but I use the Model Master enamel thinner too...maybe you are using a different thinner that drys too quick? Or possibly you are airbrushing in a warmer climate? I always do my airbrushing at room temps. and have had no problems. Model Master paints are not as good as they once were, the bottles tend to go bad much quicker than they used to but that does not seem to affect how well they work in the airbrush.

Matrixone

YEp I understand what you say but the bottles I take comes in flat...for example the RAF dark green is flat,the RLM 69 is flat!so or I gloss them with the mix with gloss or live with it cause even if I thin them like 80/20 they dont come gloss...does it make sense to you?and well BTW I use MM thinner...dunno!!!really a mistery

actually when I use gunze's if I dilute them highly they become shiny even if they are flat!

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Jack,

All the RLM colors in the Model Master II enamel line are semi-gloss, I know some of the other colors come with a dead flat finish but I have never known the RLM shades to be dead flat, I wish they were, the old Aeromaster enamel paints had a nice flat finish to them and were easy to work with too. Boy do I miss them.

My 109 has all the decals on it now, will post pics of it in a couple days from now.

Matrixone

Thanks Jack-Swiss!

My 109 is now finished, the bad thing is it is raining (again!) and can't take it outside to get any pictures of it.

Look for the finished model a few days from now. Also expect to see my 'secret' fighter in the critique forum in a week, you might like it...I know others will not.

Matrixone

Richard,

If only it would NOT rain on my days off I could get outside and get some pics of my new models.

The 'secret' fighter project turned out okay, next up is a quick build of a Monogram Zero and then a 'secret' bomber. Some fun stuff ahead from the MatrixoneWerks.

Matrixone

My 109 is now finished, the bad thing is it is raining (again!) and can't take it outside to get any pictures of it.

:monkeydance: I had the same thing, rain and clouds in SoCal all Memorial Day weekend, go figure! Had a short break where the sun came out on Sunday and had to run around like crazy to get stuff set up to take a few pictures before the sun disappeared.

Mikester,

I know what you mean about running around getting things set up in a hurry to get pictures of the models, living where I do the weather can and usually does change on very short notice. June, July, and August are usually pretty dry months but the rest of the year you can't really plan outside functions without the chance of getting rained on.

The long holiday weekend that just ended you would think it would have cleared up on at least one of those days, but everyday was very dark and cloudy with lots of drizzle. Tuesday I returned to work and it was a warm sunny day so I asked for today off (thinking it would be sunny outside today) so I could get my pictures of the models and I woke up this morning and looked outside....only to see very dark clouds and rain/drizzle. Maybe it will clear up later...

Matrixone

It is still raining here so I could not get outside to get proper pictures of the 109 today, I tried setting up my photobase in my carport and getting some pictures with poor results because of the low light condidtions, here are a couple teaser pics until I can get some good pics taken.

Please do not put these in the finished gallery Mikester! Better pics are on the way. <_<

319155240.jpg

319155236.jpg

Matrixone