1945 Aircraft engines manual, Flying Wing patents

FWIW, I've posted a series of patent images of Northrop flying wing patents (both built and unbuilt) at:

http://www.dataviewbooks.com

there's some interesting variations, including one twin-engined model with turrets.

I've also scanned in a January 1945 US War Department manual on aircraft engines, which has some interesting illustrations, with the caveat that this copy is pretty cruddy - I cleaned it up, straightened out some images, worked over the smears, and the resulting copy won't transfer to PDF :-(( for some reason. So, it's the messy original that's posted - maybe the smears were reside from a Merlin ;-) I have the Dec. 1941 version in better shape that I'll be scanning as time permits...

aircraftengine.jpg

And finally, there's a page from a USAAF recognition manual from '43 showing the -109 - interestingly, I had forgotten that there was apparently a codename for the type - "Mike" - as it was thought to be in use by the Japanese!

Chris

---------------------------------------------------

Old Aviation plans & Ads: http://paperofthepast.ecrater.com

• 2 years later...

The Phantom F4-D walk around has some really lovely details photos..

The Half Track detailed photos is very informative for those who want to see how the track looks.....

....I have not seen this before and your walk around is good for those building armor..

......The articles on MICHIGAN ANG F-16C et all is really interesting to read and see the photos...

thank you

HOLMES :worship::worship: