Bad Sale with Great Models

:thumbsup: I dont know if this classifies as a Bad Trade issue but I dont care, but I order a set of Eduard items for SH-60B and I requested the overnight option due to the fact it is for a guy a work. Well the items all together was a total of $18.00, and the shipping was $37.00 so I was like I dont care I need to get this Helo finish for this guy at work, well I order it Thursday morning figuring I would get it by friday well NO I didnt, nor on Saturday, so today as I got done with shipping some items out to fellow ARCers I called them and they told me that if you order under $20.00 :taunt: then it automatically defaults to USPS, that is all fine and dandy if I wasnt in such a hurry for it, and she said that it states that on my order form that I have in my email and I said to her no it doesnt, :huh: so now I have to wait 3-5 business days and I know the mail has already come at my house.

Sorry if any of you guys order from them.

Stanton :)

Well I don't deal with them and havn't for a long time. I have bought a few things form them at the Nats but thats it. The only reason I bought form them at the Nats is because they happened to have what i was looking for. Stanton, your not alone when it comes to being let down buy them.

Jim

PS the F-4 Should be landing at your domicile by tomorrow.

My experience is that Great Models is NOT the place to go when you are in a hurry. The have great selection, great prices, and mediocre service. Sprue Bros. has phenomenal service, less selection (but most of what I need) and very slightly higher prices (sometimes). I usually order from them anyway, because I like to know that there is someone who cares at the other end of my e-mail.

Jim,

The Phantom has arrived at the DHL place but Im just little too tired and :thumbsup: anger so I will have it tomorrow. But I would of got it at Sprue Bros but I believe they were sold out or they just didnt have it listed, I always get my stuff at Sprue Bros. Well they going to credit me the cost and ship me another today to have it by tomorrow.

Stanton

GreatModels is definitely not the route to go if you're in a hurry. Which is why I usually give them my business when I don't really need to be buying, but have some spare change burning a hole in my wallet. My biggest gripe is the rather creative definition of "In Stock" they have and the delays that arise from waiting on them to restock an item.

I still go to them when I'm looking for ideas, and I like the wish list feature, but I think I'll give another webstore a shot at earning my business the next time I'm ordering kits.

After the chaos I went thru with them awhile back I just decided not to deal with them anymore.

It really takes it out of you when you order stuff that says "in stock" only to be told a few days later that EVERYTHING will be on back-order and when the back-order is finally ready to be shipped you recieve ONE item out of ELEVEN that you ordered.

Too top it off they don't reimburse me for the returned products and TO THIS DAY I have still not recieved what I ordered.

Sorry to any GM faithfuls but they're on my s*** list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never, ever, ever had an issue with Great Models and I have ordered from them at least 20 times in the last few years.

FYI, order from Kitlink (part of Greatmodels) for same day mailing if ordered before 2PM.

The longest I have ever had to wait from Greatmodels (Kitlink) is 4 days.

Now Squadron thats a different story all together :rofl:

I dealt with them once and probably it'll be my last. I ordered a Trumpeter kit from them and had to wait for it as it became out of stock. When I did get the kit, the kit box was crushed and some parts were deformed. The funny thing was that the shipping box was fine with no dents so it appears that GM sent me a crushed kit instead of sending it back to the distributor. After a number of emails with pictures of both the kit box, deformed parts and the shipping box, GM told me to contact Trumpeter. As you guessed it, getting service from Trump is next to nada. Told GM about that and they told me that I'm on my own. Luckily at an IPMS show, I met a vendor who imports Trumpeter stuff and helped me out. This experience has left me with a bad impression of Great Models online service.

• 1 month later...

I also have never had an issue with Great Models and I have ordered from them at least 40-60 times in the last few years.

A couple months ago UPS "lost" my order (a large HMS Hood) - and GM stepped in and got me the refund from UPS in short order. Although I'll use FedEx now, I have and will continue to use GM.

P.