How many models do you own- assembled or not?

As a relative newbie, I'll admit to having 4 assembled and 9 unassembled jet fighters, all in 1/32 scale. At roughly 2 models per year, this should take me awhile.

Made: F-15B, F-15E, F-14D, F-18A (in progress)

Unmade: F-14A, F-15C, F-15E, F-18C, F-18D, F-4J (X2), F-16 Block 50 and F-16 Thunderbird- with resin cockpits for all of them.

Are you nuts!!!! If I posted that and the wife caught wind of it,well it's to gruesome to think of the outcome B) I haven't counted in awhile,might scare me to see how much I have invested. I figure around 300 kits unbuilt and around 50 built.

Tony

and for Gods sake,DON'T TELL MY WIFE!!!!! :D

I have about 300 kits i guess all in 1/72 almost all different airplanes used in Gulf War 1990/91 and soon evey airplane ever used in the Swedish Airforce, that is quite many when there has been alot of different aircraft in different versions in both cases.

The Gulf War specializing can be very big with all the different nosearts and individual markings that was used, so there is like 6 different F-14 waiting to be built. Just the different SW marked F-16C are about 10 right now....

I guess this is why I never wanted to build any bigger than 1/72 . Just imagine the 2 different versions i have of the KC-135 in bigger than 1/72 scale....

Why is this posted in Jet Modeling? Go to General Discussion where this type of question is asked ad nauseum.

As my post indicated, ALL my kits are jets, so what's the problem? If you don't want to read it, don't click on it- it's a free country and forum.

over 400 on the shelf, on display. 103 of those are Phantoms

77 to build. 22 of those are Phantoms

Several dozen given away to cadets corps and museums. None of those were Phantoms

All my unbuilt kits are on shelves that are on walls that face the exterior of my house (hope that makes sense). I am going to calculate the average "R" value of a kit box and see if I can claim an energy credit on my taxes for the cost of kits used to insulate my house.

:thumbsup:

Hey, I could do worse... Crazy Tax Deductions

(edited to fix link)

Edited by habu2

As of just a few minutes ago:

9 completed (I had to sacrifice a few to the styrene gods in order to appease the wife when we PCS'd this last time)

5 in various stages of construction

36 in the stash

I always feel better about myself when I see some of those triple digit stash counts...

Edited by LemonJello

Around 1100 in the stash, about 40 currently completed and presentable, 60+ in various stages of active progress and a great big box full of trashed builds from over the years (spares doners, accidents, not finished and never likely to be etc.)

All spreadsheeted for total accuracy.

422 built - that includes a Victor in the MatchboxGB which had decals applied today.

137 unbuilt - that still includes 2 Phantoms that were painted earlier today.

Mine move from unbuild to built, when I apply unit or identity markings.