Hello Gents!

Well, with 2 down and one to go on the triple build, I thought I'd get something else moving along. The F-2 grinds along, but this project should be much easier..

Here is the first stage of my 32nd scale Polish block 52D:

000_0005.jpg

The CFT's are from Skunkmodels. The spine was built up from sheet styrene and fine grain Milliput. This is just roughd-in and requires some adjustment. The parabrake extension is from the Academy kit

000_0002.jpg

I scaled up the Hasegawa D model using these scale rulers and a micrometer.

000_0008.jpg

The cutout for the aft cockpit required a little head scratching. I couldnt make the full sweep-out to the cutback, because the CFT's come up too high, and would interfere with the cockpit sil. Thankfully, the CFT's block this portion of the sil anyway, so should be good. The hump behind the aft cockpit was cut down from a 370 Gal. wing tank from the Hasegawa F-16.

000_0004.jpg

Had to add this vent and change a few panel lines. The vent is part of a panel that sits on top of the fuselage skin-still needs to be faired-down a bit, but should be "raised" like a stiffener..

000_0003.jpg

Canopy is vac-formed from plexiglass. For those of you who remember my other D-model, the canopy will be built up the same way

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

This one should actually go pretty quick-Most of the hard part is behind me. The spine will get a vac-formed skin. I'll use this skin to make the individual panels on the spine.

Thanks for looking!

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann

Ahhh he's at it again. :popcorn:

Interesting looking bird Pete. What's all the lumps and bumps on the back and sides for? One of these days I'll break down and do a jet thingie, if I can figure out where the front and back is. This prop guys needs that fan out front to tell which end is which you know... :worship:

Cheers

Mike

Ahhh he's at it again. :popcorn:

Interesting looking bird Pete. What's all the lumps and bumps on the back and sides for? One of these days I'll break down and do a jet thingie, if I can figure out where the front and back is. This prop guys needs that fan out front to tell which end is which you know... :worship:

Cheers

Mike

Hey Mike!

Well, lessee- The CFT's are Conformal Fuel Tanks-those grey things on either side of the fuselage. The big spine is full of secret-squirrle black boxes. The grey thingie on the back...over the top of where the tailpipe will be...holds a dragchute-In F-16 vernacular it's a "parabrake"

I think a straight wing jet would be good for a prop guy-like a F9F Panther, perhaps?

Regards,

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann

Nice job Pete, in 1/32 it is a really challenge :worship: About that panel bellow the canopy on the right side - I don´t think it should be a raised (even a little), according to my fotos, it is just another panel...

P.S. look closely to the front part of spine, it is a little bit complicated than you (or CMK :D ) did - that connection to behind-canopy bump...

Edited by PavelS
Nice job Pete, in 1/32 it is a really challenge :) About that panel bellow the canopy on the right side - I don´t think it should be a raised (even a little), according to my fotos, it is just another panel...

P.S. look closely to the front part of spine, it is a little bit complicated than you (or CMK :salute: ) did - that connection to behind-canopy bump...

Pavel,

...Not sure about your references, but take a look at these. The panel is clearly raised:

File_2006131141418.jpg

e901fd399b858cc2.jpg

Regarding the spine, again, this is simply roughed-in, and isn't nearly completed.

Regards,

Pig

Oh, my Gosh, what are you up to now????? This is gonna' be great! I've got the perfect spot for it in my office, so when you finish it, send it on over, would ya??? :bandhead2:

Pavel, I agree with Pig. That panel is definitely raised, at least on the Polish jets I've photographed.

Jake

P.S. look closely to the front part of spine, it is a little bit complicated than you (or CMK :P ) did - that connection to behind-canopy bump...

Yes! Pavel, I see what you mean-the "ears" on either side need to come farther forward. A little Milliput will fix that! :rolleyes: Thanks-

Pig

Lovely! I'm with Erick, Pete- cast those bad boys and sell 'em. Question- which kit did you cut the second hole into? Judging by the color of the plastic it looks like the Tamiya C/J. You know, when I joined this forum the Tomcat was my favorite fighter, but now...looks around and says quietly... the F-16 is without a doubt, my favorite.

Its a pleasure watching you work your magic, Pig!

Question- which kit did you cut the second hole into? Judging by the color of the plastic it looks like the Tamiya C/J.

Hey 'Burner,

Hmm-Guess I forgot to mention that essential piece of information :tumble: Yes, it's the 32nd scale CJ, with the intake and tailpipe from the Thunderbirds block 32 kit-

Regards,

Pig

Pavel, I agree with Pig. That panel is definitely raised, at least on the Polish jets I've photographed.

Really?I have not perfect pics, but now I believe you - if Viper guru says so... Really need third Reid air Viper guide!! :pray:

Yes! Pavel, I see what you mean-the "ears" on either side need to come farther forward. A little Milliput will fix that! :) Thanks-

Pig

You hit the nail... Again, great job Pete :)