Awww,......nuts! :doh:

I don't know whether to be inspired or broken by your latest pics Pig. Those Aires bays look fantastic :worship:

Yup, definately going to use them if I build another Viper.

It's always a pleasure to see what you've been up to. :P

Please try not to leave it too long before you get back to us with more eh?

:cheers:

Hey Gents!

Thanks for all the encouragement! I appreciate it!

So close to closing the fuselage halves. Here is another dry fit attempt, and clearly a little more adjustment is in order to get all of this to line-up properly :thumbsup: Funny that it all fit really well before it was painted!

100_6935.jpg

You know, I've got to say, I like the look of this jet better without the CFT's..What do you guys think? CFT's or no CFT's?

100_6936.jpg

Here's most of the cockpit components..The IP's still need a bit more work..The EHSI's need a spot of clear-

100_6940.jpg

100_6943.jpg

The intake is now installed as well as the Aires main gear well-No wash on the nose gear well yet

100_6944.jpg

Thanks for visiting!

Regards,

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann

Pete

Continued great work, one day I hope to follow your lead on a 2-hole F-16...

Another easy option for filling gaps is 2 part epoxy putty like Magic Sculpt. Mix it together, mash it in the gap, scrape off the excess with scrap plastic or a shaped wooden skewer (my sculpting tool of choice) and smooth it up with a wet finger or moistened cotton swab. No sanding needed, and the stuff doesn't shrink at all. I use it for all my gap filling.

Oh, and ya gotta go whole hog and slap on the CFT's.

I look forward to your next installment

Jason

Edited by jburch
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Gents,

Well, after a few bad words, I got the fuselage halves closed up and mounted the CFT's. I wasn't sure about adding the CFT's, but my 10 year old, whos opinion I respect, said "Dad-do it-they look wicked-cool" So, here are the wicked-cool CFT's:

100_6967.jpg

100_6969.jpg

100_6970.jpg

100_6972.jpg

There is a seal that goes around the CFT's that I still need to add..as soon as I figure out how to do it!

There is also a sugar-scoop vent under the fuselage that I almost missed-Also looking at this pic, looks like I need to tighten up the intake to fuselage join :)

100_6964.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann

Wow Pete! What a stunning job!

Again I should add!

About the sealing around the CFTs: in an article on "Sky Model" nr. 41, a very talented italian modeler called Cesare Pigliapoco described how he built his Israeli F-16. Speaking about the CFTs he said he added a thin copper wire all around them to simulate the sealing. From the pictures published I can say the result is spot on.

I hope it can help, and keep up the good work!!!!

/Kristian

sigh... hopefully one day we will see one of these for the less talented masses

For the seal, I would use epoxy putty, like Magic Sculpt. Mix it, let it set up a bit, then roll it into thin 'worms' and apply. If I recall correctly, the sealent around the CFT's sorta looks like a bead of caulk, and thats how the putty will look. Sort of like applying raised weld beads to armor kits,without so much texturing. I have also seen the technique of applying a bead of acrylic tube paint using a syringe. The paint dries quickly and very much looks like a caulk bead.

Now back to ogling your work.