well HOLMES its real first for me too. Hope your guys are enjoying it.

First heli

First costom paint sceam

First all gloss paint ((without weathering)thats just killing me.lol)

First consignment

First Non-Military

I can see me building more Helis in the future. When I do ill be sure to post.

Take care

Trevor M

Great looking so far..May I ask you a question....?

As a Patrol Officer I have had the occassion to call out our Force Helicopter for assistance.. so the qqestion is how much different are Helicopter form one another...

Our Poice force uses a MD 902 EXPLORER ..it did use a Messerchimtt Bolkow Blohm BO 105 DBS4 BUT they eplaced it with the MD 902...

Is your MD 500E simialr to MD 902 and are they made by the same company?

HOLMES.... :)

Your 500 looks fantastic!! I love the 500's and yours looks great!

Great looking so far..May I ask you a question....?

As a Patrol Officer I have had the occassion to call out our Force Helicopter for assistance.. so the qqestion is how much different are Helicopter form one another...

Our Poice force uses a MD 902 EXPLORER ..it did use a Messerchimtt Bolkow Blohm BO 105 DBS4 BUT they eplaced it with the MD 902...

Is your MD 500E simialr to MD 902 and are they made by the same company?

HOLMES.... :deadhorse1:

MD500:

md500_wr_1.jpg

MD902:

md902.jpg

Both made by McDonnell Douglas Helicopters but the 902 is a little different, as you can see. It has a NOTAR anti-torque system which uses an exhaust port instead of a tail rotor and is a twin engined helicopter as well.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys! Sorry I havnt posted in a while. I had to work way....up N on a bridge, But im back now and closeing in on the finish line. I hope to have this model finished by next saturday. Should be no problem now that Ive quit my job.

Now that all the boring stuff is almost finished i can now concentrate on the electronics and mounts.

Finished the custom paint. have to get some decals on her now.

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Thanks a lot Guys! I always appriciate the kind words.

I managed to paint the skids, fab the left side camera mount and attach the belly mount. Things are moving along nicely. A litle disapointed I cant find my decal paper and its the long weekend. Oh-well theres always tommorrow.

I made the camera but still needs glass and now I have to make the belly thing.

Thanks for looking.

Picture004.jpg

Thanks again Guys!! Really glad to see your all enjoying it so much.

And a very BIG thanks to ELMO aka Amil for once again comming to my rescue with his Decal making wizardtry. :woot.gif:

Dont know if you can see it too well but I tinted the top windows and you can see the canadian flag on the right side and the American flag is on the left. Sorry Cal, I think I got them backwards. By the way if Cal Meeker ever asks you to build a model for him, jump up and say Yes! Cal has been the most patciant person right from the begining. He has never even asked once "when its going to be Done!" Hats off to you Cal.

Check out Cal's website here!!! http://www.meekeraviation.com/

Hey! How did my business name get in the shot :coolio: I ll have to photo shop that out but it could take awhile.

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Thanks very much Guys!!!

OUTSTANDING build you have going on here, Trevor. The complex paintjob and the scratchbuilt bits really shows some skill.

I have to ask, what is your method for masking off the windows for painting? This bird has a lot of complex curves to cover, and it looks like you pulled it off beautifully.

Thanks,

Andy

To answer your queston Andy. I have always used the frosted Scottch tape. I simpley use a metal ruler and useing a sharp exacto knife I cut the same thickness as the frame work that Im appling it to. For large curved areas such as the painted areas on the Heli. Ill cut the strips a small as 1/72 or 1 mm this way it will stick down and not go all bumpy in the curves. Then its just a matter of useing slightly larger peices to cover areas that you dont want to get overspray on.

Hop this helps.

OK !! Your Heli is Finished Mr Meeker!! I took the liberty of entering it into TorCan( a well known model show in Toronto) There was 701 models. The meeker special took 3rd!! Not bad..it beets 4th :D Ill be shipping it out to you next week as I have to finish a bridge up north again :coolio:

So without futher adu.

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Trevor,

Congrats on the award, Your build is very much deserving. Sorry I could not make the show, I had to play in the sandbox this weekend.

Looking forward to your next build.

:)

Emil