Hey guys! Heres something new for me. Although Im into RC helicoptors, Ive never modeled one.

This will be my first commision build and since im a heli inthusiaste, Im looking forward to getting started.

I will be replicating something simlar to the heli in the pics below, with all the electronic mounts,rails etc and a custom paint job. The customer will be watching the build so be kind guys. :woot.gif:

enough typing, im going in!

Trevor M

Pardon my big feet! lol

ontario20at20corona.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Ok With a kit this old, DRY-FIT! is the word of the day. Im actually impressed. Things seem to be going together very well and theres some real nice rivet detail inside. Wasnt to happy with all the holes in the floor board that had to be filled(or as the instructions say..."file holes") HUH!! while Im on the topic, I cant beleive I made such a rooky mistake. I should have just pulled some stretched sprue through the holes,glued,cut,sand and it would have been done by now. But Noooo! I had to fill them with putty.lol

Picture036.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Trev,

Built this bird a few years back for a St. Louis County Police bird and I had trouble with the fit along the bottom of the canopy and the framing. Might have been me but thought I would pass this along in case. I had a nasty step.

Keep the pictures coming!

Rod

Same here did the same thing a few years back I have this kit and I am thinking about dipping the whole canopy in Future and then SLOWLY applying super glue along the seam to set it then fill in and sand. Erick

Trev,

Built this bird a few years back for a St. Louis County Police bird and I had trouble with the fit along the bottom of the canopy and the framing. Might have been me but thought I would pass this along in case. I had a nasty step.

Keep the pictures coming!

Rod

Thanks for the Heads Up! guys. I always dip the canopies in Futur and Ive never had a problem with them fogging. Ive also found that if you use Insta-set accelerator that will also eliminate the dreaded fogging.

I apriciate the help

Trev

No a coat of Future on clear plastic protects it from the fumes, not sure why something about what is in the Future I guess but it works like a charm. Erick

wouldnt the fuems cloud the canopy? i would just fill and sand as normal once its fit, the frame will be the only bit that going to be affected and that will be painted anyway.

Richard

I had the exact same problem of canopy fitting while building it (and that's the reason why it most likely will never end up being finished), and after studying the case for too long, asking myself the question "where did I go wrong:

The canopy has to be fitted at the same time as you assemble the 2 fuselage halves ! Also, if you plan on fitting closed doors, do it then. And also, it is most likely that the bottom of the cockpit plate will not touch the fuselage halves on the bottom. Not much you can do there.

I'd also put some weight between the forward cockpit part, or the model might try to become a tailsitter..

Thanks for the info Frank! this will be a big help. and thank you ChernayaAkula

Just a bit more detail added. Had to make some seatbelts and now Im working on the control panel. Not a very good kit part at all! theres vertually no detail at all to the instrumnets, youre alomost given the impression that there is a decal in the box, Nope! Im going to have to scribe them in.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Edited by Thundervett

lql007 Thanks but theres nothing to see here.lol Hey Jerry! Hope to see you at Buffcon in two weeks!

I think this is obviously the mis-alignment you guys are refering too. Just when I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing OOB build.....OUT comes the razer saw again!!

Picture006.jpg

Alright, after dryfitting the cockpit into the body, it doesnt seem to be That big of a problem. I do see what you mean about the gap on the floor though frank. but hey, the doors will be closed.

now that I look at this thing going together, Im really starting to get into this litle bird. I can see me building more helis in the future. who can resist all that glass:)

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Got here all closed up and tail on. lots of masking to do on the clear peices. Do any of you guys have any good detail photos of the back of the control panel. Id like to add a ton of wires there but dont know what they look like. Also do you know what color the area around the collective and inside the shroud is.

as always your help is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Trevor

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Started on the scratch building part. Here's some shots of the Sky Pod that goes on the belly.

Cal meeker is the owner of Meeker Aviation and builds and designs the methods for witch to mount electronic equipment on all types of heli's. He has asked me to show several diffrent mounts on the heli Im building for him. So lets see what we can do.

Trevor

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

600_aft_belly_mount.jpg

Mvc-453s.jpg

Thanks Raptor Supporter

Managed to get some masking and paint done. Cal wanted Metalic Blue pin stripe with a large Black one. I think it looks better in silver. Just kidding Cal. Its all part of the process. Now that I have the silver base on, i will be spryaing clear Blue over it. then filling in the midle with Black.

The Camera dosnt do this any justice. It looks much better in real life. The Base coat is Dark Metalic.

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Edited by Thundervett

Hey thanks alot Anthoney!

moving right along. Just have to do all this to the other side now. Unfortunantly first I have to go up N to build a bridge. Should only be gone for the week though, and then im going to quit my job, so that should free up some time.

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg