Got the box out, checked the parts and just about ready to start.

I love Matchbox 1:76 armour. simply kits they may be, but who can resist the bases in each kit?

Diorama in a box!

beginnings.jpg

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Mike I edited this as your photo link was not quite right. Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the decals disintegrated as I expected, though I managed to get the vehicle number and the white balkenkreuz on. Microscale decal film helped but not enough to save the numberplates. Never mind, it will look good on the base. :worship:

:worship:

MikeJ

When I built my version I used some clear plastic (some kind of packaging, I guess) to replicate shattered windows. Looked pretty cool! :D I used a scalpel to engrave some cracks and splinters.

I picked up the Humber Mk.II (reboxed by RoG) a couple of days ago for the GB. :whistle: Kinda doing the British "What's on?" counterpart to your German "Was ist los?". :lol:

When I built my version I used some clear plastic (some kind of packaging, I guess) to replicate shattered windows. Looked pretty cool! :worship: I used a scalpel to engrave some cracks and splinters.

I picked up the Humber Mk.II (reboxed by RoG) a couple of days ago for the GB. :D Kinda doing the British "What's on?" counterpart to your German "Was ist los?". :lol:

Good buy mate, I am considering building that kit soon as well :)

:worship:

MikeJ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, figures painted and the little vignette finished.

Matchbox 1:76 kits are very basic but as per usual are solid builds.

I am pleased with the way this kit turned out. Figures were painted with Vallejo paints.

6rad01.jpg

6rad02.jpg

6rad04.jpg

6rad05.jpg

6rad06.jpg

6rad08.jpg

A fun build without having to be concerned with detail and too much accuracy.

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I love those little Matchbox AFV kits with the diorama base right in the box. I bought a bunch way back in the early 80s when I went to Scotland for half a year as an exchange student in junior high.

Looks good, Mike! :rolleyes:

:woo:

Mike