Yeah,I know the prices would be outrageous Andy,it was just food for forum thought.I see the prices for the F-16's and FA-18 and I cringe.But then again,paying $100 or more for a Chinnok or Hind isn't exactly cheap neither.Oh well,I was just wondering.

Andy is right

imaging a Huey in 1/35 scale from tamiya will cost alot!!!!

but listen i will never change the 1/35 Huey from dragon wich is realllly good

i can tell you that i have done 4 so far and its really good the kit

now what you say its true to hawkwrench

a Huey in 1/35 from tamiya will be something very interesting :)

Tamiya doing an helicopter in 1/35 or 1/32 ?

First to think about : which will be buyed by a mass of people ?

Which will go in a 12" shelve most of us have ? (the F-16 isn't wider)

Which offers Tamiya engineers a new production chalenge ?

We can always dream from a Sea King with folded rotor blades... :)

So many possibilities and colour scheme, used by so many countries

But I will desapoint you : Tamiya is making a 1/35 Gazelle in his french series : small enough

just kidding

I will love to see from somebody a decent 1/35 Apache, even in japanese markings, with CC detail set, Eduard PE, ... will cost a lot :)

Norbert

Edited by norbert

I've often wished for a Tamiya Huey or Cobra, I really think that would be an awesome kit. Some of their armor subjects lately have been pretty lame, I wish they would take a chance on something new.

For that matter, a TRUE Dragon UH-1 would be awesome (not just a rebox of that awful Panda kit). The latest Dragon armor kits blow Tamiya away in detail and they come with all the photo-etch needed (unlike Tamiya) and are still cheaper.

Unfortunately, I think that both of these manufacturers will just keep on popping out more WW2 German subjects and never try anything outside of that genre.

I've often wished for a Tamiya Huey or Cobra, I really think that would be an awesome kit. Some of their armor subjects lately have been pretty lame, I wish they would take a chance on something new.

For that matter, a TRUE Dragon UH-1 would be awesome (not just a rebox of that awful Panda kit). The latest Dragon armor kits blow Tamiya away in detail and they come with all the photo-etch needed (unlike Tamiya) and are still cheaper.

Unfortunately, I think that both of these manufacturers will just keep on popping out more WW2 German subjects and never try anything outside of that genre.

yes my friend i mean the new and latest Dragon hueys :)

they are really good!!!!

Lets start a rumor that Tamiya is doing an all new-tool helo kit: a 1/35 CH-53E and it will retail for US $259.00 . It will utilize a design that they used in the 1/48th Storch where all the glass is molded into the fuselage halves and it comes with die cut masks, full PE, crew figures and a full squad of Marines.

I bet people would believe it.

yes my friend i mean the new and latest Dragon hueys :)

they are really good!!!!

I grab up the old Dragon (MRC) UH-1 kits when ever I find them.

As for the Dragon/Tamiya affair with WWII German subjects. I read an interview with Tamiyasan who stated that somewhere north of 50% of their market is in Asia and that the Asian market wants WWII German. They're building kits for their home market.

Edited by Docf225
Lets start a rumor that Tamiya is doing an all new-tool helo kit: a 1/35 CH-53E and it will retail for US $259.00 . It will utilize a design that they used in the 1/48th Storch where all the glass is molded into the fuselage halves and it comes with die cut masks, full PE, crew figures and a full squad of Marines.

I bet people would believe it.

Hey, did you all hear about the new tool 1/35 CH-53E from Tamiya? It looks a little pricey at almost $300, but it'll have die cut masks, PE, fiber optics for the interior and exterior lights, pilots, crew and the option of either a squad of jarheads in OEF/OIF battle rattle, or a sling load 1/35 M198 howitzer with turned aluminum barrel and PE for it, too! Think of the diorama possibilities!

Man, I can't wait, can I pre-order one now?

Happy now, Frank?

Maybe I'd settle for a 1/48 UH-1Y and AH-1Z (production versions) sometime in the future.

Edited by LemonJello