F-4 Intake Covers from Steel Beach

Did Steel Beach make a set of intake plugs for the 1/48th Hasegawa Phantom? I thought I saw some on Sprue Brothers web store, but a recent check there I could find any. Or is this a future release it?

Anyone....? Darren???

Why not get some from Harold at AMS? All you have to do is paint them and drop them in:

http://mysite.verizon.net/resqt29j/

Here are a couple of pics of the finished product (ignore the dust on the model!):

AMS1-48F-4FODcovers3.jpg

AMS1-48F-4FODcovers2.jpg

Ben (No financial connection with AMS, I just like Harold's products)

Edited by Ben Brown
Darren did make a set

However, (if I remember correctly) he was having problems getting complete sets without air bubbles so he has discontinued them until he can perfect the process.

Cheers

John

You know a mind is a terrible thing to waste. I thinking I have been inhaling too many Tenex fumes.

I remeber now that Darren posted something about having trouble casting these. I thought there was something posted about that so I did a search but came up with nothing. John, thanks for posting that information.

At least there are some available from AMS.

Mark

With Harold's excellent set, there's no reason for me to make them. I can spend my time on other projects that aren't covered (like the upcoming A-4, F-8, and F-16 big mouth inserts). I'm of the opinion that after market companies should work together to bring the modeler as many different products as possible.

With Harold's excellent set, there's no reason for me to make them. I can spend my time on other projects that aren't covered (like the upcoming A-4, F-8, and F-16 big mouth inserts). I'm of the opinion that after market companies should work together to bring the modeler as many different products as possible.

I agree, why make something if the others are well made already?

Waste of time.

There are soooo many things that can be made for us, that we don't really need redundant stuff.

Now, having said that, I mean WELL MADE. Like I would completly re-do something that has been produced before, by a certain Korean company, or some ju....unk made by a certain Chinese company, etc.

Keep up the good work Darren.