USAF support vehicles

I am not sure what the DoD nomenclature is, but Pacific Consolidated Industries refers to it as a "Self Generating Nitrogen Servicing Cart".

SGNSCHollomanDec072.jpg

generally i hear them refered to as "self gens" from we maintainence types

and SIGNUS Carts by AGE peoples

SIGNUS if probably an abridged name for Self Generating Nitrogen Servicing (SiGNuS)

Tracker

Edited by Tracker

Hello.

On some photos here and in books I've seen "school buses", whether in yellow or in dark green/black.

Are they used as crew bus ?

By the way for a diorama, I plan to make a crew bus, does someone has photos of the crew buses used nowadays by the usaf please ?

Thank you by advance.

Tom

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have detail shots of an Oshkosh MB-2. I was at Pease AFB in the late 70's and it seems we had both the Euclid and Oshkosh MB-2. It seems easy to find shots of the Euclid. But I've only found two of the Oshkosh. Any help would be appreciated.

AGE parking, Holloman AFB 1975

AGEparkingresize.jpg

Back to the flight line, Holloman 1975

HO760towresize.jpg

FOLLOW ME, Des Moines 1979

Followme.jpg

Springfield sometime in the 80s

642.jpg

After the last 'official' training flight, Springfield 2008

87-0296tow-1.jpg

Edited by B-17fan
  • 7 months later...

Good morning and the first time I write on this forum since I'm in Naples ITALY

Since I was always attracted means land of the USAF and in between are also model maker interested in me to rise, that the USAF had supplied the M20 GREYHOUND.So I wonder if you can get some more information about and above all that wore livery.

Pending i offer you my greetings.

p.s. sorry for my English

That's a very good question - the only reference I've found is the film "Strategic Air Command" which has a Military Police Greyhound patrolling the flightline - painted Strato Blue.

Here are the photos of the M20 is from the movie had rightly and without turret I remember wrong

sanstitre8ly.png

Edited by deny1

Sometimes, the "crew bus" isn't what most people think it is, but it get's us on and off the flight line!

Mark

IMG_0005.jpg

Oh, just gotta add this one too. This is one of the crew chief's expeditor trucks. I was just on my way out to the flight line one evening, and there it was all wrapped up in plastic, and duct tape with the flashers on! No one was even around it! I have no idea what they were up to, but I had to laugh, and of course grab my camera!

IMG_0010-1.jpg

Kind of support equipment. Kind of.

LCCPimaApr083.jpg

TELPimaApr082.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, these are the TER's and Control vehicles for the BGM-109 Gryphon GLCM. A good friend of mine was an SP over in Belgium back in the 80's and was around these. Good pictures!

Justin

Another USAF fire truck. This was at Baghdad a few months ago, and also got a shot of "81" back in 2008 posted here. Note the Centurion C-RAM. Ground version of the Phalanx CIWS, or "R2-D2." If I remember correctly, the US Navy operates these at the base, but don't hold me to that.

Mark

IMG_0555-1.jpg

Edited by F106A
Another USAF fire truck. This was at Baghdad a few months ago, and also got a shot of "81" back in 2008 posted here. Note the Centurion C-RAM. Ground version of the Phalanx CIWS, or "R2-D2." If I remember correctly, the US Navy operates these at the base, but don't hold me to that.

Mark

IMG_0555-1.jpg

Wow. I didn't know there was a land version of the CIWS. Very cool pic Mark.

If I'm not mistaken, these are the TER's and Control vehicles for the BGM-109 Gryphon GLCM. A good friend of mine was an SP over in Belgium back in the 80's and was around these. Good pictures!

Justin

Yes, these appear to be the M1013 and M1014 tractors with their respective trailers.

• 9 months later...