Count me in for a 1/72nd Hasegawa P-40N. I'm still trying to re-develop my modeling skills, so I need something nice and simple. :blink: If I have time, I will throw in a Hasegawa A6M2 into the pile as well.

Warren

Good man, cannot have too many Mosquito's :thumbsup: . Particularly looking forward to the Narromine 'Highball', never seen that one finished in model form before. :nanner: .

:whistle:

you may not yet mate....you know what im like for starting stuff then not finishing it..LOL

A Yorktown SBD from the Coral Sea engagement.

A/M's 1/48th Dauntless

AeroMaster Decals

UltraCast seats

And, an F4F-3 from the Coral Sea.

Trump's 1/48th F4F-3 with some kitbashing from the Tamiya F-4F-4 kit.

AeroMaster and ThreeGuys Decals

UltraCast seat.

Hasegawa's Ki-45 Toryu.

Ok, we need some 'heavy metal.' An Accurate Miniatures B-25 strafer, one of the icons of SWP air war.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by HistnScale
I am going to change my entry. Just recieved a 1/48 Hasegawa Betty. So i'm going to concentrate on her

I didn't know Hasegawa made a 1/48 Betty. Is it perhaps Tamiya or 1/72 Hase?

I hope the CBI falls into this GB if so I will be building...

P-51A Mustang of the 1st Air Commando group. Hailakanda, India 1943

Acurrate Miniatures kit 1/48 scale

Superscale Decals

Scratch details.

If not send me a PM and delete my post.

I hope the CBI falls into this GB if so I will be building...

P-51A Mustang of the 1st Air Commando group. Hailakanda, India 1943

Acurrate Miniatures kit 1/48 scale

Superscale Decals

Scratch details.

If not send me a PM and delete my post.

CBI is ok for this GB.

I'm in with(what else???) a P-61 Black Widow. Not sure of the markings yet but it'll be one of Monogram's 48th scale kits. Now let's see if I can actually get one finished this time around.(3rd times the charm, I hope!!) May come in with something else later, have to see how it goes.

Terry

(certifiable P-61 nut!!)

moderator edit - merged this post into the entries thread for continuity - welcome aboard!

Edited by jrallman

I will be doing a 1/48 Hasegawa P-40E in the markings of Dallas Clinger's #38 "Holding My Own"

The spinner will be painted green (as it appears in several photos)

I will be basing the colors off of Eric Mingledorff's P-40 that was flying in the mid-1980s-90s. According to Mingledorff, he based the colors off of the actual fabric from the rudder of #38 that Clinger had in his possession. 088.jpg

My first entry in to a GB ever, so here goes!

I don't usualy do WW2 stuff these days (mainly WW1 stuff now), but here is one I just got hold of that intrigued me so much I just had to get it - the AZ Models 1/48 Kayaba KA-1:

az4809reviewbg_1.jpg

This little autogyro is considered the world's first operational helicopter, and was used for artillery spotting and anti submarine warfare both from on land and from light aircraft carriers.

Should be a fun build!

BC

Well, im'm confident my Draken will be finished very soon, hopefully this weekend soo i'll enter this GB with a P-47. This time i have all i need + a spare kit and a bundle of backups in case of emergency :worship: This will be my 5th Tamiya Thunderbolt. :worship:

It will be Bonnie the P-47 grazing the frontpage of the old in Action booklet by Squadron.

Tamiya Razorback 1/48

Eduard prepainted zoom set

Eduard Thunderbolt placards

Kagero (made by Techmod) or SuperScale decals

Tamiya acrylic paint

Tamiya rattlecan paint

Alclad II nmf paint

A dab of Gunze mr surfacer filler :(