Can I play? I've never done a group build before.

Proposed entry:

1/72 Dragon P-61 Black Widow, 6th Night Fighter Squadron, Le Shima, 1945

Request permission for take off...

Entering a bit late, but hope to make the dead-line.

I will be building an MPM Curtiss Hawk III biplane fighter, '2403' of the 24th Pursuit Squadron of the Nationalist Chinese Air Force. This machine was shot down by anti-aircraft fire over Shanghai in August of 1937, and was the subject of a profile drawing long ago in Air Enthusiast. If you scroll way down on the site at the link below, you can see some pictures of the reasonably intact wreckage....

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

Some small corrections to the kit will be required, but nothing major, and course some scratch-built detailing. I will be using the Sierra Scale decals for this kit to provide the national markings, as the Nationalist suns in the kit are far too pale a blue.

Hi all!

this is going to be my first entry in a group build. wish me luck!

desk.jpg

entering Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3 with Eduard PE and mask, True Details weighted wheel, and maybe Engines&Things or Vector Mitsubishi Kasei resin engine. I have both here, but don't know if I have the guts to try them yet.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I know I am very late but I will try to finish it by 30 september

it is an 1/72 Academy P-40, I am planning to do it in the marking of G. Preddy while he was with 49th FG in northern Australia

here it is the mandatory boxtop and decal sheet :sunrevolves:

Boxtop.jpg

I already started doing some subassembly, let's see how it goes

Cheers Paolo

Edited by Paolo6691

OK, insane as this seems, with but a mere 33 days or so to go in this build, I thought I want to try something. So here's my plan, I'm gonna start 4 with the hope that maybe I can finish 1. I will find out which build is going along the best, and abandon the other three. I know it's insane, and I doubt I can finish, but I'm tired of doodling around and never getting anything built. Anyway, the four are as follows-

HobbyCraft P-40B/C in the markings of one of the AVG planes.

AMTech P-40E with Cresswell's Warkings

AMT/Ertl P-40N with skull markings for the 89th FS, 80 FG, India 1944

And last but (for now) not least, AccMin B-25C/D as either Tee-Kay or Kunai Kutter

As you can see, three are P-40s which will simplify the initial stages.

So, I'm off to the garage to lay down a bunch of Int Green. amoung other colors. I'll throw some pics in in the first construct threads. Hey, even if I don't finish a thing, it'll be nice to start and see how far I can get in the next month.

All or these will be OOB, I think. OK, off to the garage.

Less then a month away but would like to enter,

1/72 F6F-5 Academy kit no aditional details

Decals for Cmdr D McCampbell CVG-15 as flown from USS Essex Oct 1944

This is my first build of my long term goal of doing the airplanes of the top 20 American aces form WW2

Literally started the kit 3 days ago

• 2 weeks later...