This is certainly an amazing project! I myself harbour dreams (delusions?) of one day scratch building a J-29 Tunnan in 1/32 scale, so this entire thread will be gold for me!

Kev

Thanks guys for all kind of words….I’ve never expect to have a kind of a great support from all of you. I’m grieved. :taunt:

I’ll appreciate it. I’d to dispute with nose part this week; it’s a big headache though. That was because of dissimilarity between Esci kit and picture that I’ve used as a reference.

I’d realize that Esci kit has an out of shape at the nose. Have been failed several times and finally I get it done.

Here some a progress photo….

Attach nose to the fuselage

VIG25.jpg

1st stage sanding…

VIG26.jpg

VIG27.jpg

Add this part….I don’t know what I should call that…

VIG28.jpg

Here the pictures for the 2nd and 3rd sanding process

VIG29.jpg

VIG30.jpg

P/s-Always apply surfacer/primer every sanding stage done. I think it is regular operations right?

And at last sufacer had dried, I used a wet sanding technique to smoothen the surface.

VIG31.jpg

That’s all about it….I’ll up load the final product of this process on the next post….

Stay tune…. :rofl:

Here….. shape that I think close enough to a picture. It is just a basic shape, and I will give some touch up and refine it during the next progress….

VIG32.jpg

VIG33.jpg

VIG34.jpg

VIG35.jpg

VIG36.jpg

VIG37.jpg

VIG38.jpg

Next post will be an air intake treatment….stay tune….

Thanks for viewing…Comment & critic are welcome….HAPPY MODELING :taunt:

Regards

Naza

Very impressive build of a very cool aircraft!

I notice that your first post was made on April 2nd. Now it's only April 4th. Did you build the whole fuselage completely from scratch in JUST 2 DAYS??

Thx,

Terry

:thumbsup: ...i'm not a superman bro :lol: ...this project was started on 22nd march....BTW...I took 3 days to build up the nose....

Thanks Terry.

dragan_mig31, thanks a lot....you're good too...

WOW! just....... i mean.....WOW!

How do you guys do this sort of thing? i can't build that well with a kit much less starting with sheet plastic. I am in awe :thumbsup: and will watch this one very close.

Bill

Thanks Bill....I've been practice since 5 years to build from scratch....BTW....I'm still learning though. :lol:

Wow Naza!

Another ambitious project...

You ARE fast!

Looks like you are off to a great start on another great model.

I'll be watching with interest!!!

Chris :thumbsup:

Chris,

Your skills are beyond of mind…I’m just nobody. I wish can achieve 10% of what you have though :) I choose this subject because I love Viggen very much.

Yes, I’m might be able to get the basic shape fast but when it’s come on detailing….than I’ll have a big headache.

thetoe17-Yes , I wish too, but I’ve to achieve a quality/standard qualified for productions ….That is a long way to go….let me has enough practice before I can talk to Chris. :D

And thanks guys for a such a great comments....I'll appreciate it....

See you on the next post... :wave:

Regards

Naza

Here an update time…

Before that I would like to say A big thanks to “troll†because of a reference that’s he sent it to me. Especially an out line drawing it’s so helpful. In fact 90% of references are come from ARC walkround photo.

Therefore, I’d to redo at some area that’s I’ve miss look. Thanks again bro.

Here a pictures

Sanding and adding process, narrow down the air intake, corrections on the belly…and little bit here and there…

Before

VIG39.jpg

After

VIG40.jpg

VIG41.jpg

I’d pointed also at an area but I’ll touch up later on…..

Next post I’ll show the air intake process…..stay tune…

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Naza