Chris,

Your skills are beyond of mind…I’m just nobody. I wish can achieve 10% of what you have though :cheers: I choose this subject because I love Viggen very much.

Yes, I’m might be able to get the basic shape fast but when it’s come on detailing….than I’ll have a big headache.

:) Yeah right... :worship:

Take a look at this picture and tell me you're not great with detailing:

NOZZLE20.jpg

:o

This is going to be a beautiful model!

:thumbsup:

NOZZLE20.jpg

WOW, This part looks awsome and very accurate.

I have a little request to you my freind, when the duplicate process will begin could you explaint it with much detail so we can learn how to do it ?

Regev.

NOZZLE20.jpg

WOW, This part looks awsome and very accurate.

I have a little request to you my freind, when the duplicate process will begin could you explaint it with much detail so we can learn how to do it ?

Regev.

[/quote

Yes sure...but I'm still in learning process though...I'll try the best to share my little knowlege here.... :(

Naza

<_< Yeah right... :P

Take a look at this picture and tell me you're not great with detailing:

NOZZLE20.jpg

This is going to be a beautiful model!

:cheers:

Chris, you're a big name in this hobby....has been commented by you is an energy for me to complete the project....i just give my best.....and trying hard to make it come true.....Thanks for the great support Chris....i'll appreciate it

Phartycr0c,Yuz, thanks so much for the support guys ....I'll appreciate it...

Naza

Naza,

Simply amazing work here! Congratulations and keep us updated!

Just as a curiosity, what books are you using for reference? I have a Viggen in 48th and been looking for references to see what I can do with it.

Regards,

Mauricio

Naza,

Simply amazing work here! Congratulations and keep us updated!

Just as a curiosity, what books are you using for reference? I have a Viggen in 48th and been looking for references to see what I can do with it.

Regards,

Mauricio

Hi mauricio,

Thanks....I'm using Wold Air Power Journal and a lot of pictures that I'd downloaded from ARC Walkround gallery.

Hope thats will help.

Regards

Naza

Edited by NazaruddinHashim
Thank you Naza! Just to make my life easier, because I'll have to order from a mail order company...Could you tell me the edition or number of the journal?

Maybe you know http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/1998/04/stuff_eng_detail_viggen.htm

There you will find some useful pictures

Thanks so much for the link Mauricio,

World Air Power Journal Volume 13 Summer 1993

Regards

Naza

Have you thought about using this as the master of a resin kit that you can sell? Just a thought. :D

loftycomfort,

Yes I’d though about it, btw I don’t have a proper equipment in order to go into productions yet. What I can say now, I’ll duplicate it for my own used and keep the master until I can be able to get a quality casting product that’s suitable for market. Or maybe I’ll wait for somebody who can produce it for me in commission’s basis or team member. Any suggestions and input from all of you are appreciated.

And again I don’t have guts to promise anything yet until we can see the finished master or product. In fact this is not the first one, I did the conversions nose for 1/72 hawk 208, see the picture, until now I’m still doing a research how to get a good quality casting to put in on sale.

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

Cockpit

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

Complete product

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

Sorry off topic

Thanks loftycomfort

Regards

Naza

Yes I’d though about it, btw I don’t have a proper equipment in order to go into productions yet. What I can say now, I’ll duplicate it for my own used and keep the master until I can be able to get a quality casting product that’s suitable for market. Or maybe I’ll wait for somebody who can produce it for me in commission’s basis or team member. Any suggestions and input from all of you are appreciated.

And again I don’t have guts to promise anything yet until we can see the finished master or product. In fact this is not the first one, I did the conversions nose for 1/72 hawk 208, see the picture, until now I’m still doing a research how to get a good quality casting to put in on sale.

Judging by the demand for a 1/48 Viggen, I'd imagine someone would invest in making a limited edition 1/32 version. I know I would certainly buy one if it is of high quality production. There're a lot of vendors out there that have the mold making and casting expertise, some of them even post regularly on this forum (or have even commented on your build). Your Viggne is such a cool model, it'd be a little bit of a shame if it's done only as a one-off.

Keep up the good work. Thank you.

Terry

Hi Jorgen, Thanks for a reference that’s you sent to me….its help me a lot especially the outline drawing.

I’m so glad to share the W.I.P with you ,btw to get it into productions I’m really not so sure because I don’t have a proper an equipment with me. FYI I‘ll build this aircraft in separate parts that’s who know maybe I might be able to make a mold or I can team up with somebody to produce it. And again its still at early stage to talk about….let see what I can achieve first.

Always happy to help out! :-)

If you do decide to make copies of it, send me an email!!!

P/s-. I’d been working at hobby shop 1993-2000. Being a craftsman at one and only hand made model Car Company in Malaysia- Ban Seng Models 2000-2006. I’m run a small business as a model maker.

Naza

Aaaaah! You really ARE a pro! ;-)

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

Update time…I’m so busy last week because I’ve to finish 1/12 scale Bofors 57mm Mk.3. Therefore I’ve to kiv Viggen for a while…

1/12 Bofors 57mm Mk.3 Naval Gun

IMG_3038.jpg

Before that I’d managed to cut in half the fuselage in order to get enough space to build an after burner…

I’ve divided into 4 sections….

Scary right?? :o :lol:

IMG_3035.jpg

Another sections but has been sanded

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

Dry fit….and alignments treatment….

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

Next post…. :thumbsup:

very impressive and interesting technique, is clear to me , you used green polyurethane foam as a suport of the forms you have carved, the plastic liquid is less clear to me, you used industrial quantities of this product, explain me , please.

the use of the automotive putty is clear and a cheap colution than use epoxy putty , very expensive.

wonder , fast and neat technique, but the work begins before cutting the plastic shet, with very confident drawings of sections,well proportioned plans.

Another update on nose sections

Previous post might not so clear btw I hope this progress will help…..

Nose I’d change the shape a few times, I think this is a final….

IMG_3115.jpg

Cut the radome..

IMG_3116.jpg

Cut in half….I used a small saw….I would like to use manual cut

IMG_3117.jpg

Sand inside of the nose with dremel machine…

IMG_3118.jpg

Cut the template of the shape, used 0.3mm plastic …

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

This is for joining line….to get a neat seem line….

IMG_3121.jpg

Putty treatment …

IMG_3122.jpg

1st sanding and applied 2nd layer of putty…

IMG_3123.jpg

After that 3 step sanding process will needs and applied surfacer…

IMG_3124.jpg

I’ll post all parts that are I’ve done shortly….

Any comment, critic and input are appreciated….HAPPY MODELING :D

Regards

:coolio:

Naza