Well here goes. With any luck I'll couple together a Tamiya Mosquito

Paragon 2 stage Merlins

Paragon Flaps

Paragon PR Canopy

Ultracast Tail wheel

and a few Cutting edge cockpit bits.

Decals from the Aeromaster "Recon Birds" sheet

IMG_0002.jpg

Managed to get a bit done on the cockpit over the last few days. Had a CEC cockpit/nose set. However I was a bit nervous about getting it attached succesfully. So cut out the side wall parts I wanted and went from there. The radio sets are extremly well done and are far superior to the kit ones.

Now busy fitting the Paragon flaps.

Leftsidewall.jpg

Rightsidewall.jpg

Cockpitfloor.jpg

After a few marathon painting sessions I'm ready to fire a wash in to the cockpit. Have recently purchased a jewelers magnifing head set. So armed with a fine paint brush I've picked away at the cockpit for hours.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Edited by Heff3

Progress is coming along nicely. Just need to add a bit of future to the instrument faces to finish the cockpit. Painting of the Camera (bomb) bay next as it will positioned open.

The Paragon engines have been fitted. Fit is good. Just a little filler required to tidy up the seams. You will notice that I have already snapped of one of the prop spindles already. The least of my worries so far.

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Moving right along now. Fuse is now all buttoned up.

Flaps are ready to be installed. The out board flaps required a sliver of plastic card along the edge. They were a fraction to small. Not sure if the flaps were too small or if I cut the original flaps out along the wrong line. However a simple fix.

Decided not to use the Ultrcast rudder and elevator set. I found that these didn't fit perfectly. It would have been simple enough to get them to fit. But it was easier just to tidy up the cut out surfaces and refit them.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Progress is running a little slow at the moment. Haveing a few problems resribing the panel lines where the resin engines meet the nacelles. One will have to be filled and redone. However considering my scribing skills I'm happy so far.

Fuselarge has got the first coat of white for the Invasion stripes. Elevators have been glued back on.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

Heres the Ultra cast tail wheel. I hate molded tail wheels and struts but the tamiya one is very crisp. I think I'll go with the kit one when I do the next Mossie, a Highball conversion.

IMG_0010-1.jpg

Progress seems to have slowed somewhat. Got the white on for the invasion stripes. Black will go on tomorrow with any luck.

Flaps all done. Engines done and panel lines rescribed. Drop tanks didn't fit as well as hoped. Had to cut the filler caps off the top. Then sand down the top of the tank so that it didn't protrude above the upper surface of the wing. Then glued the caps back on again. The fit of the tank under the wing isn't the best either, despite my best efforts with file and sandpaper. May have to run a bead of filler around them. We'll see.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

As I thought, had to run a bead of filler around the drop tanks. But it worked out really well. Quite happy with the result.

Finished the PRU blue. Will have to do a small touch up on the stripes at some stage. Tomorrow I'll start masking the red strips on fin and rudder.

IMG_00232.jpg

Well not my best stripes, but ok under the circumstances.

Have finished filing down the Paragon PR canopy. I hate vacform canopys with a passion. :whistle:

But this one has been a breeze. :P It fits even better than the kit one. So future is on. Tomorrow I will cut painted decal strips for the canopy framing.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_00142.jpg

IMG_00014.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well after 6 weeks break its time to get this project finished. Decals are now on. I didn't have my usual supply of Microsol so laid the decals down without any setting solution. It didn't work. The stencils especially got a little silvering. But not bad enough to sand it all back.

I hope to get the canopy and start the weathering tomorrow.

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0017-1.jpg

Sorry guys. This is the end of thread. Work commitments see me heading off overseas for a month. So won't get the mossie finished in time. I'll be concentrating on my PACAIR2 builds when I get back.

Thanks