Here is my Colonial Viper Mk. I. This is the recent Revell "30th Anniversary" re-release. Scrambled to get this weathered and finished before my vacation...

Viper4.jpg

Viper5.jpg

Viper6.jpg

Viper7.jpg

Viper8.jpg

I have left off the clear pieces for the thrusters right now....I am searching for the right shade of blue and then I will paint the interiors of them and attach them. I am debating whether this one would look better on the stand sitting on my desk or if it should hang from the ceiling.

Great job! this is one of my all time favorite spacecraft, great design.

so how does the kit go together? does it show that it's pretty old molds or is it a decent fit?

oh, and i vote for the desktop display btw.

Bill

Awesome! The Viper has always been one of my favorite spacecraft as well....obviously... :)

I like the weathered look of the decals.

You did a great job. Defintely going to have to add one of these to the stash... :)

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

The funny thing is that if you look closely, on the desk in Cdr. Adama's quarters (new series, played by Eddie Olmos), There's a picture of young Adama (played by his son, Bodie Olmos, who also plays "Hot Dog") standing in front of a Viper with his two sons. The funny thing is that it's not a Mk. II Viper, but an F-16C Viper!

I like the weathered look of the decals.

Those decals were an absolute P-I-T-A to weather and scratch like that....they were so thick...in fact, MicroSol had virtually no effect on them at all

Because of your inspiration,I bought one of these plus some resin upgrade (landing gear) and a Female-type Viper Pilot............... B)

Right on....you gonna make Sheba's Viper?

so how does the kit go together? does it show that it's pretty old molds or is it a decent fit?

Bill, it actually goes together very nice.....I couldn't tell that it came from 30 year old molds.

I am going to spruce up the stand for desktop display....

Thanks all for the kind words...glad you like it!

Edited by paul.nortness
Those decals were an absolute P-I-T-A to weather and scratch like that....they were so thick...in fact, MicroSol had virtually no effect on them at all

Right on....you gonna make Sheba's Viper?

Thanks all for the kind words...glad you like it!

Actually Paul,I'm thinking of something a bit different.Like maybe 5-10 years after the original,ignore Galactica:1980 ( :) ) so these will be new pilots in a new Squdron.

-Dave

• 2 months later...