here i go. hopefully i can get some work done before i go under the knife. some very preliminary work on the pit. moving slowly on this as it's my favorite marine recce bird.

semper fi

Dan

pict0224aw4.jpg

pict0223cc4.jpg

Edited by marine4 ever

Cool project Dan, I'm looking forward to seeing this build progress. I didn't realize BB did a recce pit for the F-4.

I hope to get my F-4 project going this weekend.

:popcorn:

Semper Fi,

Mark

o.k. some progress on the pit! the seats are dry fitted in as well as the Oxygen hoses. i've started setting the side walls. and now discovered i have a fit issue with the front ip coming so i'll have to get some plasticard and fix that :cheers: . i rushed that and didn't dry fit properly! still have to future the instruments but she's pretty much done. Anywho here's what i got so far!

semper Fi

Dan

aaaahu4.jpg

aaazh2.jpg

aanz7.jpg

aaaaapi9.jpg

aaaaapi9.jpg

thanks guys. having a heck of a time with the IP coaming! :bandhead2: :) . so i'm slowed by that. the Camera bits are painted and washed. pit is installed w/ side panels. i'll have pic's up later.

semper fi

Dan

a little more progress after solving the Coaming issue! i've removed the intake bits and added the resin intakes. they fit very well with careful dry fitting and sanding. you won't need much filler( i rushed the first and paid for it). the pit fit without incident. and now i'm on to other areas. still need to sand the formation lights away.

semper fi

Dan

bbbqk5.jpg

74667390iy2.jpg

Excellent work so far Dan, puts my build to shame

Wonderful job thus far, I HAVE to find those Phantom markings in 1/72 one of these days.

I agree phantom, 1/72nd is the real scale (stand by for fireworks), and that is one of only 3 or 4 USMC squadrons I have no decals for.

Ted

WOW fantastic looking cockpit :) ! I have always liked the Recon Spooks, especially the ones used by the Marines!

Well done indeed!

Cheers!

Those intakes are looking sweet bro. Are you going to paint the insides or just leave them?

Semper Fi,

Mark

there gonna get painted tonite, after i finish some detail sanding. looking for goo ref. photo's of the insides first.

semper fi

Dan

YES! I have the exact same kit, and the exact same decals, Dan! Looking forward to seeing this one progress.... I look forward to starting mine some day.

Thank god for the Impact Hobby decals... they are pretty sweet, and I never really cared for the VMFP-3 kit decals.

thanks Andy! I agree, i've done one in VMFP-3 markings already. it's the first one i did when i got back in to the hobby a year and a half ago(had a 20 yr gap). no that my skills have improved a bit and i see more options those marking don't appeal to me.

semper fi

Dan

That cockpit is looking awesome Dan!

Where'd you get those decals. I like those intruder markings.

impact decals. i'm gonna do a whole build of only black bunny aircraft. that would include the F3D skyknight and the RFU-8 crusader, phantom intruder and prowler!

semper fi

Dan

impact decals. i'm gonna do a whole build of only black bunny aircraft. that would include the F3D skyknight and the RFU-8 crusader, phantom intruder and prowler!

semper fi

Dan

Damn shame that is, I was gonna see if you would sell me those intruder markings.