... the decal sheet calls for it to be white. i think i may err on the side of caution and re-do it!

Well, if it's indeed a unique paint job, it would be a unique model. Maybe the decal makers can shed some light on it before you make any changes (I sent them an email).

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

:bandhead2: Now i remember why i don't build too many phantoms!!! those darn stencils!! ughh :deadhorse1: ! well the top halfs done. now tonight i'll do the botteom get a clear coat on her and then start my favorite part.. the weathering.

semper fi

Dan

i'm on the fence on whether to keep the chaff's open or closed! and yes mark..... i know the bunnies tilted a bit! :soapbox:

fffpn1.jpg

just an overhead!

ffmn0.jpg

man is this gonna look sweet when done! as long as i don't screw it up!!

ffffyr5.jpg

:) Now i remember why i don't build too many phantoms!!! those darn stencils!! ughh :angry: ! well the top halfs done. now tonight i'll do the botteom get a clear coat on her and then start my favorite part.. the weathering.

semper fi

Dan

i

Well made so far Dan.

Patrick

Well made so far Dan.

Patrick

thanks patrick and i agree with you on the under shade being a touch too dark. live and learn

semper fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever
Well, if it's indeed a unique paint job, it would be a unique model. Maybe the decal makers can shed some light on it before you make any changes (I sent them an email).

Gene K

You guys are right. The outer panels should be gray. My appologies for not catching this sooner. I didn't receive the e-mail though.

Awsome build Dan!! That Phantom looks great.

Kevin

You guys are right. The outer panels should be gray. My appologies for not catching this sooner. I didn't receive the e-mail though.

Awsome build Dan!! That Phantom looks great.

Kevin

if anyone has any questions about this guys decals. i say buy them. they are fantastic! they settle down nicely and with just a little setting solution. they are thin but durable.

semper fi

Dan

I didn't receive the e-mail though.

Kevin,

I used your Contact Us form on your website. You may want to check it - since you didn't get my comments, you may be missing others.

Gene K

here's my finished build! i'm o.k. with the finished product. i'd liked to have had a better paint job. but that's my fault for using a bad primer. all in all it's not too bad.

semper fi

Dan

gggggvs2.jpg

ggggbz4.jpg

gggggglr2.jpg

ggggbz4.jpg

Edited by marine4 ever

Outstanding!!!......Very impressive work Dan. I still can't believe you managed to get your F-4 done before me in spite of undergoing major surgery in the process..... Your an animal!!! :thumbsup:

Just one, very minor thing though. The pitot tube on the tail is pranged up. Otherwise it looks awesome.

Semper Fi,

Mark

Outstanding!!!......Very impressive work Dan. I still can't believe you managed to get your F-4 done before me in spite of undergoing major surgery in the process..... Your an animal!!! :worship:

Just one, very minor thing though. The pitot tube on the tail is pranged up. Otherwise it looks awesome.

Semper Fi,

Mark

you had to see that!!!!! :worship: and yes i'm mulling over either an S or J maybe even a B/N? what to build, what to build?

semper fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever

Hi Dan

Another andsome kit in your workshop!

So what next? One day you spoke about an aircraft with "MARINE" written whithout the S...

Patrick

thanks julien you are too kind. now....... do i go with an "S" from vmfa-333 or 321. or do i do a "J" from vmfa 451 or vmfa-115. decisions, decisions.......

semper fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever