here's my progress so far. attached wings,i've removed all bumps from under and upper wings. attached nose cone(but forgot to add weight) B). filled all formation lights. next i'll prim and check for areas that need work.

semper fi

Dan

ccc-1.jpg

cc.jpg

c.jpg

Edited by marine4 ever
here's my progress so far. attached wings,i've removed all bumps from under and upper wings. attached nose cone(but forgot to add weight) B). filled all formation lights. next i'll prim and check for areas that need work.

Don't worry about the nose weight Dan, I've never built a Phantom that's needed it.

Very nice build so far my friend.

Ted

o.k. i got a little work done tonight, finished the burner cans. i added strip styrene inside to add some detail.

dddqj8.jpg

dddw5.jpg

then i added some plumbing to the front legs.

82345502ja0.jpg

then i preshaded.

dddddqr7.jpg

ddddddxo7.jpg

ddddmw1.jpg

i'm working on the main legs and drop tanks. will have more to post by the weekend. man it feels good to do something other than lay on my back with ice between my........... :)

semper fi

Dan

and the mans building again! You used gray for the preshading?

I figured it wouldn't take long for you to get up and going again.

yeah i'm going for a slightly less weathered look. and din't want to use a ton of paint to cover up my pre-shades. i have the white down and it looks tight! i'll get the grey down tonite and have pic's later.

semper fi

Dan

first coat done but having major issues with paint pulling away when i remove tape. stupid me used an acrylic primer and every time i tape and try to remove it the paint pulls off. so i'm sanding and re-painting. :bandhead2:. as you can see by the spot i missed! this build almost hit the wall 3 times!

eeetm2.jpg

i'll get the last bit painted and then get to decaling tonite!!

eeku3.jpg

45660288bl7.jpg

eeeeecr3.jpg

eeeesn4.jpg

semper fi

Dan

you've done an awsome job and it looks fantastic. one thing i noticed and i wish i would have seen this build sooner, your pilots stick is backwards. you have the hat switch facing forward. wonderful build though.

thanks creighton,

i actually nocked it off later in the build and caught that error and fixed that.

semper fi

Dan

The pre-shading looks great Dan! :D This build sure is turning out to be a stunner.

Now, what are you doing spending all that time modeling when you should be studying to pass your written. If you had perhaps you would have known which way the control stick goes. :worship:

Semper Fi :salute:

The pre-shading looks great Dan! :woo: This build sure is turning out to be a stunner.

Now, what are you doing spending all that time modeling when you should be studying to pass your written. If you had perhaps you would have known which way the control stick goes. :woot.gif:

Semper Fi :salute:

my response to you sir is

F@$% you!!

:thumbsup:

semper fi

Dan

Looks great!

I haven't seen the white on the outboard wing panels before. I thought the white was only painted on moveable control surfaces (TE flaps, ailerons, stab and rudder)?

Gene K

yeah i've been questioning that too. where i see only the ailerons white in most phantoms i cannot find a good picture of VMCJ-2's phantoms and the decal sheet calls for it to be white. i think i may err on the side of caution and re-do it!

semper fi

Dan