For references, I only have World Air Power Journal's McDonnell F-4 Phantom Spirit in the Skies (2nd edition) plus some photos from the 'net and my personal pics. I'm still in need of pics of the bottoms of the pylons to detail but no close ups found yet.

The cockpit resin is bits and pieces from Black Box. Below is some more detailing done to the nose gear leg and splitter plates.

NoseGear.jpg

IntakeParts.jpg

Wow Ryan!!! That looks great. Your BB pit sure looks different than the one I'm using. I think I may be using one that was intended for the older Hasegawa "J" with the raised panel lines. Your's is sure looking sweet. :thumbsup:

:popcorn:

Mark

Wow Ryan!!! That looks great. Your BB pit sure looks different than the one I'm using. I think I may be using one that was intended for the older Hasegawa "J" with the raised panel lines. Your's is sure looking sweet. :thumbsup:

Mark

Thanks Mark. My BB set is actually different, 'cause it's not totally 100% F-4J parts. I gathered some parts from a bag of BB resin parts that was being sold at the 2004 IPMS Nationals in Arizona. The right rear sidewall is from a Black Box British F-4 detail set modified for this build. I replied in your own F-4 post that the set you're using (48-044) was designed for the raised panel line F-4 kit. I have the same set and it is almost a drop fit for that kit. I learned that the hard way! LOL. The later set, which I don't have as a whole but in pieces from the BB pound-o'-resin bags, does fit almost perfectly, as seen in my pics.

More later!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your interest Mark! I've been busy with work these past few weeks plus gathering references for some other projects. :thumbsup:

I'll be trying to figure out how to detail the bottom of the weapons pylons thanks to some fellow ARC'ers. I want to see this project completed soon!

Thanks for your interest Mark! I've been busy with work these past few weeks plus gathering references for some other projects. :o

I'll be trying to figure out how to detail the bottom of the weapons pylons thanks to some fellow ARC'ers. I want to see this project completed soon!

I wish I had the J seats finished with the belts for your build. (How do they look to you?)

Your build is really SA-WEET!

I've been busy with work these past few weeks plus gathering references for some other projects. ;)

work shmurk!!!!!!! what's really important here? now get back to building this puppy!

semper fi

Dan

work shmurk!!!!!!! what's really important here? now get back to building this puppy!

semper fi

Dan

Uh, making masters for the Monogram F-5F and Revell A-6E cockpits? ;)

Harold: the F-4 seats are sweet! Sorry, forgot to mention that to you! See how busy I am? LOL. By the way, I don't think they fit in this Hasegawa kit cockpit!

^_^

Okay, I'll be on the bench today!

Edited by PlasticWeapons

Okay, small update today:

Very happy to have had Gene K.'s help with the detailing of the bottom of the missile pylons. Those drawings came in handy! I had to chisel out some plastic to put in plastic! Man, I wish I had photoetch capability right now...

missile_pylon_bottom.jpg

The jet nozzles needed a bit of detail inside and out. Instead of using sheet plastic, I'm trying on some paint to get these little rectangular thingys (in black) to a scale thickness:

jet_nozzles.jpg

Some canopy detail using a Black Box part and sheet plastic:

center_canopy_rear.jpg

center_canopy_front.jpg

That's it for now!

Uh, making masters for the Monogram F-5F and Revell A-6E cockpits? :thumbsup:

o.k. you get a pass!!! when are those a6 pits gonna be done and who are they for? i have 4 waiting to be built. not to mention two ea-6a's

semper fi

Dan

o.k. you get a pass!!! when are those a6 pits gonna be done and who are they for? i have 4 waiting to be built. not to mention two ea-6a's

semper fi

Dan

I'm waiting for the go-ahead for access to a museum A-6E in a few months, after I get references things can go much faster! Just like getting the references for the F-4 pylons, I got these details done today (though I had to wait a week for a free weekend, LOL). :thumbsup:

Now that's what I'm talk'n about!.......Although I am very much interested in your F-5F and A-6 projects also. Keep us posted on that.

I like the aluminum tubing and piece of clear sprue on the tail, nice touch. :cheers:

Mark

Now that's what I'm talk'n about!.......Although I am very much interested in your F-5F and A-6 projects also. Keep us posted on that.

I like the aluminum tubing and piece of clear sprue on the tail, nice touch. :)

Mark

Stalled, pending reference photos and the like. How about an F-14A/B/D cockpit for the Monogram 1/48 Tomcat? I got tons of references for that! :D

Stalled, pending reference photos and the like. How about an F-14A/B/D cockpit for the Monogram 1/48 Tomcat? I got tons of references for that! :coolio:

yeah! i have a 14D that i'm hemming on cause the pit sucks!!!

semper fi

Dan