Anyone know a good place to pick up some Macross?

Friends just showed me a couple episodes of this show...and obviously something clicked because I started searching Google frantically for kits of the ships I saw :doh:

Seems like these things are hard to come by? (Then again, what Hasegawa stuff isn't hard to come by :D)

Looking for the following:

Hasegawa 1/72 VF0S (original one I think? :huh: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/rm_vf0s.htm )

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0D (two-seater)

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0B (two seater trainer) - These look strangely familiar...:banana:

And this one...not sure what the designation is though (I think its called a VF-19? Looks like a Flanker to me!)... http://www.animeandcomputers.com/anime/ani...images/5759.jpg

I've got some WWII and modern aircraft in 1/48 and 1/72 I can trade if you are interested in selling your's.

Thanks in advance :crying2:

-AWan

Edited by AnthonyWan

You mean you never watched Robotech when you were a kid?

The forward-swept craft is the YF-19 from the sequel Macross Plus, a little taste of which is here:

As for the kits, try www.hlj.com or maybe eBay for some of the older stuff.

You mean you never watched Robotech when you were a kid?

AW is too young for when Robotech aired. Personally, I liked the story of Robotech: Macross much more than SDF Macross. Then Southern Cross and The New Generation wanned with the story.

Hasegawa 1/72 VF0S (original one I think? :huh: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/rm_vf0s.htm )

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0D (two-seater)

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0B (two seater trainer) - These look strangely familiar...:whistle:

And this one...not sure what the designation is though (I think its called a VF-19? Looks like a Flanker to me!)... http://www.animeandcomputers.com/anime/ani...images/5759.jpg

The VF-0's (S, D and B) are all from Macross Zero, a prequel mini-series produced in 2002-3, and "reverse-engineered" to look like the VF-1's (which were designed in 1982-3). The VF-1 series of aircraft and the VF-0S should still be available from various on-line sellers (HLJ, Gundam and More, Rainbow 10, 1999.co.jp etc...) however the VF-0B and D kits are limited edition, and only spot-runs. Grab'em while you can.

The VF-19 is also available as a prototype (same mold, different decals) with the designation YF-19. You can also get the YF-19's competitor in the prototype race, which looks like a YF-23 on steroids, and that's the YF-21. The YF-21, like the VF-19, is also available with different decals, as the VF-22. I believe they changed the designation because of the different pilot interface (YF-21 - Brain Direct Interface, VF-22 - Stick & Throttle).

Hope that helps.

danse.

edit: removed silly automatic emoticons

Edited by danse

Hi AnthonyWan,

Here what is available in a hobby shop near my place...

VF-1 Valkyrie Weapon Set

YF-19 Fighter

VF-1A Super Battroid Valkyrie

VF-1S Strike Battroid Valkyrie

VF-0S 'Macross Zero'

SV-51 Gamma Nora 'Macross Zero'

VF-1 Super Strike Valkyrie

VF-0D 'Macross Zero'

VF-1A/J/S Valkyrie

The only problem is the shop located in Prague Czech Rep...

AW is too young for when Robotech aired. Personally, I liked the story of Robotech: Macross much more than SDF Macross. Then Southern Cross and The New Generation wanned with the story.

*sigh* and to think... I used to think you were cool, Benner! :deadhorse1:

(Chojikuu Yousai Makurosu had a much more mature and developed plotline than it's american counterpart... at least to me that is :cheers: everything isn't just written off to an alien technology that no one can understand )

The Original "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" aired around the 1982-83 timeframe, MANY moons before anthony was even a twinkle in his parents' eye.

Anthony, here's what you need to see and the order I reccomend seeing it in:

-"Super Dimension Fortress: Macross" (original TV series, 36 episodes long. DVDs of it are available)

-"Macross: Do You Remember Love?" (basically an all-new 2-hour movie abridging the entire series... the animation is top-notch, the valkyries look great, and the soundtrack rocks. My single favorite piece of animation even to this day)

-Macross Flashback: 2012 (ok, this is more of a music video than anything, but it's got the only footage of the VF-4 Lightning valkyrie out there... it also shows the SDF-02 Megaroad colony)

-Macross Plus (basically a story about 2 test pilots proving the worth of their new experimental valkyries, with a love-story twist thrown in)

-Macross 7 (follows the exploits of one of the Macross colony fleets, focusing on a group of musicians that also fly valkyries. Aimed predominantly at a slightly younger audience, but I still liked it)

-Macross Zero (I put this last because certain mystical elements of it might not make any sense if you haven't seen M7

-Macross "Frontier" (new series being produced now... it's WICKED)

Some point along the way, watch "Macross II: Lovers Again", it wasn't produced by Studio Nue, but it was still licensed by Big West. The end result is that it's more of an un-official side story that has nothing to do with the main storyline. The animation and valkyries are pretty cool, and the soundtrack rocks.... but the storyline blows dead bears. Watch it in subbed Japanese, as the american voice actors should all be lined up and shot.

Edited by Skull Leader
"Macross II: Lovers Again" ... the storyline blows dead bears. Watch it in subbed Japanese, as the american voice actors should all be lined up and shot.

LOL.

Best.

Description.

Ever.

Anthony, if you're still looking for the Macross kits, Gundam Store and More has a sale on Macross kits they've got: http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/macvalmodkit.html Figured you wanted to stay in CONUS to save on shipping... I've got access to some Macross kits in Toronto, but they're a little pricey!

Seems the Gundam Store only have the VF-1's, but there are differences in the boxings:

VF-1D - has PE in the box, and is the only two-seater - not sure if the PE is the same as the dedicated PE upgrade, or if it's a reduced set (don't have the kit in front of me to verify).

VF-1A/J/S - has different heads (fit under the main fuselage) - J has one gun on the head, A has 2 guns, S has 4 guns. Will have different coloured bands on the decals for the different versions - red, blue, green, yellow, white and combinations thereof.

"Clear" versions - all three boxings (Red, Blue, Green) have one additional set of limited edition decals from Model Graphix (JPN Plamo magazine). The additional decal sheet is identical in all three boxings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

danse.

• 2 months later...
Hey AW, here's something that might wet your appetite...

VF-19_Splinter02.jpg

VF-19_Splinter01.jpg

Trigger, you got more of those?? THat's what I'm building, I wanted to do it with SOviet camo...

Take Care

Edited by MaRiO FDZ