Hsegawa 1/48 A-4N Skyhawk Israel flying tiger

Jack, Can you please tell us little bit about the base. How did you make that? Also, I don't suppose you have any photos of in-progress build that you could post. TIA

Mike

I didnt make that base, It is just a card paper made From AMT 1/48 THUNDERBOLT A-10 Kit,u can get one on ebay and spend lest than $10

BTW, i added a piece of grass and fill a litter grass in the gap. no much work, wont spend 1min to do that

Link here

Edited by Jack-pilot
That is one SWEEEEET Scooter. Outstanding job!!!!!!

How did you make the FOD covers and where did you get the exhaust nozzle from?????. TIA.

Bjarne

Intake FOD was made by using a rubber stick u can get it anywhere in the shop, exhaust nozzle FOD made by a plastic card,

The exhaust nozzle is original hasegawa exhaust nozzle part, just been extended 2CM and u need wrap a piece of plastic card to increase diameter,some tamiya putty,superglue,sending are needed

U can also find this exhaust nozzle from hobbycraft A-4N kit if u dont want spend more time, it has got more weapon maybe u can use.

So far i know Cutting Edge produced A-4N conversion aslo included that exhaust nozzle but it is no easy to find.

good luck mate

Edited by Jack-pilot

Greeeeat job all around. Take a bow and a seat down front.

One thing bugs me, though, on your tarmac section. That grass is so greeeeeeeen. When I was in Israel, I didnt see any gras THAT green anywhere...

Edited by dahut
The exhaust nozzle is original hasegawa exhaust nozzle part, just been extended 2CM and u need wrap a piece of plastic card to increase diameter,some tamiya putty,superglue,sending are needed

Jack, I'm just a litle confused. Does the Hasegawa A-4N come with the extended exhaust nozzle, or did you completely scratch build that portion? It sounds like you had to extend it a bit and increase it's diameter.

As well, does the Isra decal include the art on the tale? I don't see it on any online views of the decal sheet in question.

I'd love to build an Israeli A-4 but would prefer not to buy the Hasegawa A-4N unless it has the exhaust extension. I have a bunch of the Hasegawa kits at home plus if I were to buy more I'd buy the cheaper Pro-Modeler version.

Jack, I'm just a litle confused. Does the Hasegawa A-4N come with the extended exhaust nozzle, or did you completely scratch build that portion? It sounds like you had to extend it a bit and increase it's diameter.

As well, does the Isra decal include the art on the tale? I don't see it on any online views of the decal sheet in question.

I'd love to build an Israeli A-4 but would prefer not to buy the Hasegawa A-4N unless it has the exhaust extension. I have a bunch of the Hasegawa kits at home plus if I were to buy more I'd buy the cheaper Pro-Modeler version.

Hasegawa A-4N dosent have extended exhaust nozzle, i did it extend 2CM and increase it's diameter. no much work need to be done, IsraDecals gives almost all versions Israeli's Skyhawk marking, and u can use it for complete 2 Skyhawks included most necessary stencil data.

Edited by Jack-pilot
Hasegawa A-4N dosent have extended exhaust nozzle, i did it extend 2CM and increase it's diameter. no much work need to be done, IsraDecals gives almost all versions Israeli's Skyhawk marking, and u can use it for complete 2 Skyhawks included most necessary stencil data.

Thanks, there is no need for me to fork out the $50.00 for the A-4N boxing then when I have so many kits at home. Plus the Pro-Modeler Skyhawk, which is the same kit, is all around town at $25.00.

• 1 year later...