Should i start or just forget it

Guest Guest_g0_command0

Guest Guest_g0_command0

The silicon valley model show is in 2 weeks, and its my last shot at junior league and i thought it was in march but it seems as though its in 2 weeks, on the 22nd. I was planning to build a MOnogram P-40 for it, but should i start ? or should i just forget it?

I think you should go for it. We have winter break for a whole week next week, so if u start today and work through the week and next week, you might get it finished. Hope to see you at the show! Im going to defently be attending the show and maybe we can meet up adn chat. Im going to bring my 1/144 TWA 757 that im almost done with now.

And why cant you get a screename here man!

Go for it! Build it to OOB standards and you should have enough time to concentrate on the paint/decals/weathering. I've heard the kit isn't too bad. Typical older Monogram kit that has its challenges, but nothing too severe. There might be a good review or two over on Modeling Madness.

It depends.... I've never built a kit in 2 weeks, but like it is possible if you FOCUS on it. The one kit that took me 5 months (every weekend - that's leaving school on friday untill sunday night) working on my Spitfire....

Dunno, perhaps an OOB??? That is more likely than some aftermarketed model....

Take Care

If you build it OOB, that would be a kit you could easily finish in time. It's a nice kit for it's age and price range. . .needs some basic filling and sanding at the wing roots and on the leading edges but no big deal there. . .Cockpit and wheelwells aren't all that good, but if you build it with a closed canopy and are careful to paint the inside of the upper wing halves, again, no big.

Go for it!

:cheers:

Old Blind Dog

So you decided to do it man! Good for you! Hope you get it finished by the 22nd! See you there at the show! Il be the one in the junior with the S-37 Berkut, RAAF F-18, and the TWA 757. Hope there will be some competition going on.

I think you should go for it. We have winter break for a whole week next week, so if u start today and work through the week and next week, you might get it finished. Hope to see you at the show! Im going to defently be attending the show and maybe we can meet up adn chat. Im going to bring my 1/144 TWA 757 that im almost done with now.

I'll be there with my PBY... I hope... ;)

That great man! The more people that come, the better!

That great man! The more people that come, the better!

I'll be there either way... but the PBY may or may not make it :cheers:

haha, not only do i have a P-40, but i ended up building 3 models, not finish but close

BUilding: P-40 , a type r (car), and a Huey..I think only the P-40 wil make it as in the civic type r doesnt seem to fit into this show and the huey is not still needs alot of filling (STUPID ITALERI)

I wish i have learned more about modelling so i could increase my chances of winning. But anyways, I should of join IPMS of SV, i think i would of learned alot but i dont think i ever will because im way to lazy and id rather sleep

haha, not only do i have a P-40, but i ended up building 3 models, not finish but close

BUilding: P-40 , a type r (car), and a Huey..I think only the P-40 wil make it as in the civic type r doesnt seem to fit into this show and the huey is not still needs alot of filling (STUPID ITALERI)

I wish i have learned more about modelling so i could increase my chances of winning. But anyways, I should of join IPMS of SV, i think i would of learned alot but i dont think i ever will because im way to lazy and id rather sleep

hahaha

Well my PBY wing is done, the windows are masked, all I gotta do now is put the windows on the fuselage and paint and decal. I wonder if my professors would take that as an excuse to skip class all week...

... I didn't think so either :wierdo:

Hey guys, didnt notice u were talking about me...

g0_command0....i got 3rd place for my 1/72 Heller RAAF F/A-18A Hornet and 1st for my 1/144 Minicraft TWa 757. i dont know if u realized it but the junior awrs were handed out at the start, after the youth awards....

and if im not mistaken i think if you entered your P-40, you won 2nd place man...there was a P-40 in 2nd place that beat my Hornet. It was in a camoflogue and has Phillipino markings i think...

Yours were the only P-40 I saw there. I think you can call or email IPMS SVSM and tell them that you didnt pick up the award and they can mail it to you with proper ID.

By the way, hre are some pics of the winning models: