I wish I had this F-22 Raptor model!

For those interested, here's a model of the F-22 I would love to have. Comes with a pilot figure too! :rolleyes: I would just have trouble finding a place to display this big boy!

Pic

Article

There's a gentleman in Texas that makes those models. If you have the bucks (about $10,000) you could get one. Remember when the local airlift wing had a C-130 model donated to it from a civic group. They paid about $6,000 ten years ago.

Mark

Yes that is one of LM Aero's display models. It is 1/10 scale and is normally used in the different exhibit booths that LM puts up at defense shows and conferences, both domestically and at international events.

Regards

Jim Barr

Yes that is one of LM Aero's display models. It is 1/10 scale and is normally used in the different exhibit booths that LM puts up at defense shows and conferences, both domestically and at international events.

I knew you would know... :(

Jim, can you tell us how/why the 1:10 scale was selected over, say, 1:12 or 1:8 or...???

Just curious.

Jim, can you tell us how/why the 1:10 scale was selected over, say, 1:12 or 1:8 or...???

It's a carry over from the old General Dynamics F-16 days, all the models (except on some very special projects) were done to an "engineering" scale; so we built 1/5, 1/10, 1/20, 1/40 fighters. (All those neat decals and "parts" done to 1/40 and not a 1/48 in sight :thumbsup: )

Regards

Jim Barr