TA-4J 158473

TA-4J_158473_198605xx.jpg

Got any more pics of this bird? Especially anything that shows what the top & bottom of the wings look like? I've got the old SS decals but the painting instructions are not very clear:

http://www.modelingmadness.com/scotts/deca...per/ss72539.htm

Are those slats silver/aluminum in color? The housing for the slats also looks like dark green/black rather than the usual red.

Thanks in advance.

Got any more pics of this bird? Especially anything that shows what the top & bottom of the wings look like? I've got the old SS decals but the painting instructions are not very clear:

http://www.modelingmadness.com/scotts/deca...per/ss72539.htm

Are those slats silver/aluminum in color? The housing for the slats also looks like dark green/black rather than the usual red.

Thanks in advance.

Those decals are incomplete. There is a big diamond? (sorry memory lapse) on the belly. I will look and see what else I have.

Cliff might find it first as he was at the same show as well.

Edited by Phantomologist
We've got a TA-4J in trainer markings at the museum I volunteer at. The last flight was to the museum, so it's exactly what it looked like when it was in service. When the CA kit comes out, I'll go out and take pictures if anyone is interested.

I would be very much interested in that. Thanks Darren!

Haven't gotten my TA-4 stuff scanned, but I'm very excited about the upcoming kit and I have a pretty strong feeling we'll be seeing a plethora of new A-4 stuff in the aftermarket decals...trainers included!

That sounds like great news. I'll look forward to what you guys decided to put out.

Am I the only one that thinks the TA-4J looks kind of odd? I like the way the OA-4M looks with the big dorsal spine, but if you take that thing off, the plane just looks kind of bulbous and strange.

JB

TA-4J 158473

TA-4J_158473_198605xx.jpg

Just noticed the great state of Mississippi (my home state) on the side of this one. I'm guessing this one was stationed at NAS Meridian? Gotta find this decal sheet somewhere...

-Mike

Am I the only one that thinks the TA-4J looks kind of odd? I like the way the OA-4M looks with the big dorsal spine, but if you take that thing off, the plane just looks kind of bulbous and strange.

I find that true of most Western family models that come from a single seater (the "stock" F-16B/Ds come to mind).

Ves :monkeydance: