Neat to see those pics from the first Gulf War. Also like to know what those weapons are that Dave pointed out.

They look similar to the motion detectors laid along the Ho Chi Minh Trail during the Vietnam War.

BTW, great posts everyone. The thread has exceeded my wildest expectations.

Ok, 2nd to last KU pic, those look like radio listening probes from 'Nam?

Ves :crying2:

Here is the caption from the internet site I got them from:

"Here's one of the other loads the KAF carried. Early in the bombing campaign, the US Marines were looking for a vehicle to deliver ADSIDs and they knew the A-4 would do the job and asked the KAF to do the drop.

The load is 3 Mk 82's (500 lb.) on the centerline, 2 ADSIDs* each on stations 1 and 5, and Mk 12 guns - you may be able to just make out the link ejection chute for the left gun.

* (Air Deployed Seismic Intrusion Detector, if I remember right)"

http://sparerep.us/A-4/a4-gw1.html

Did someone say Scooter?

gined-scooter-crowned-to-be_72.jpg

:worship:

Seriously thought, how many of you guys prefer the short nose verses the long nose Scoots? To me the early models look a bit toy like when compared to the E & later models.

Ves :lol:

Gas prices get much higher I will seriously consider getting one of those to get around town on!

As to your question, I prefer the TA-4J for purely selfish reasons.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fujiboy/23595...57600239789062/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fujiboy/23595...57600239789062/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fujiboy/23111...57600239789062/

Great pics, Fuji! :lol:

Ok, 2nd to last KU pic, those look like radio listening probes from 'Nam?

They look like those from "Igloo White". After searching for "Igloo White" I believe these are called ADSID.

EDIT: I see the other guys were faster. :lol: END OF EDIT

A couple of civies seen at Wittmundhaven, Germany.

Would somebody puhleeeeese make decals for these! :pray: They're drop-dead gorgeous! :wub: :worship:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Fuji, do you have larger versions of those photos? The last one in particular is exceptional looking but I can't find a way on flickr to make it bigger. Maybe I'm just missing something?

They look similar to the motion detectors laid along the Ho Chi Minh Trail during the Vietnam War.
They look like those from "Igloo White". After searching for "Igloo White" I believe these are called ADSID.

Thanks everyone for the followup on this.

Fuji, do you have larger versions of those photos? The last one in particular is exceptional looking but I can't find a way on flickr to make it bigger. Maybe I'm just missing something?

David

Because of Copyright issues, I am posting less and less of my work on here. When I do post, I usually post links to my flickr account which doesn't allow anyone to copy the image or view the larger res file. I have started posting some images to jetphotos.net and all those files have the jetphotos.net watermark to protect the images. Here is a link to that image on jetphotos

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6220603

"Here's one of the other loads the KAF carried. Early in the bombing campaign, the US Marines were looking for a vehicle to deliver ADSIDs and they knew the A-4 would do the job and asked the KAF to do the drop.

The load is 3 Mk 82's (500 lb.) on the centerline, 2 ADSIDs* each on stations 1 and 5, and Mk 12 guns - you may be able to just make out the link ejection chute for the left gun.

* (Air Deployed Seismic Intrusion Detector, if I remember right)"

http://sparerep.us/A-4/a4-gw1.html

Interesting. Thanks Sig and lator for the information.

Cool vid Damo, thanks !

I like the formation IFR Roll ... pretty impressive right there ...

I know back in the Scooter days, a couple of Blue Angels IFR'd from a KC-10 inverted .... That wasn't at a show though ...

Again, Thanks for the vid !

Gregg

Unspent ordnance. Rocket pod hanging on an A-4E:

DSCN3490.jpg

DSCN3516.jpg

Hi Plastic weapons , is this how the A-4 looks like nowadays at the Santa Rosa museum ???

this is how it looked like in 1999 :

A-4SantaRosa201099015-01.jpg

By the way , what is the condition of the F-16N nowadays??

Cheers , Henk

Surprised there's no RNZAF Skyhawks....Check out about 2:50 in this video...Saw 'em do it live at Avalon one year...

EDIT: Warning - explicit lyrics in the music

I watched these guys perform about three times back in the day. I remember one of the shows over the harbour. It was almost like they were using us for show centre. Everyone seemed to dive on us. It was at twilight and a skyhawk did a solo routine and even released flares. Something I will never forget! Also another time I remember hoping out of the car and then BAM the six ship blasted right over us on the deck. They must have been travelling quick because they arrived just after the sound did. I was epic! Pity the RNZAF is not what it used to be!

• 1 month later...