Did someone say Scooter?

Seriously thought, how many of you guys prefer the short nose verses the long nose Scoots? To me the early models look a bit toy like when compared to the E & later models.

Ves :)

I agree; the E and F (without the humps) are the most aesthetically pleasing of the family. The C, and especially the B, look a bit stubby in comparisson. But any Scooter is a lovely machine!

Edited by Joe Hegedus
I agree; the E and F (without the humps) are the most aesthetically pleasing of the family. The C, and especially the B, look a bit stubby in comparisson. But any Scooter is a lovely machine!

I agree Joe !

E/F Adversary Scooters are some of my all time favorites ...

Gregg

When did you shoot the Skyhawk? There's a Hunter in the background, that's why I ask. BTW, nice shots.

Cheers,

Dave

Just today actually. These aircraft were part of the display at the Air Force Mueum but were towed out for the RSAF Open House.

Mark

ADVERSARIES !

ADVERSARIES !

ADVERSARIES !

ADVERSARIES !

KEEP BRINGING THEM UP !!!!

O those were the days !!!

Jinxx1 - David Walker - GreyGhost - Phantomologist - Sundower - Sig Saur & Son. Guys thank you very much for sharing these photos.

P.S.: If you have any photos of F-5's both versions, T-38, F-21, T-2 LOAD THEM UP. Or send them to me via pm.

• 1 month later...
Surprised there's no RNZAF Skyhawks....

here you go!

1.jpg

F1020011.jpg

34.jpg

52.jpg

The CO of 2 Sqn running in to start his display on the day the squadrons were disbanded:

54.jpg

The very last A-4 takeoff from Ohakea in 2004:

F1070015.jpg

And the very last A-4 beat up a few minutes later:

F1070002.jpg

Spotted at Avalon in 2003. 75 Sqn graffiti on the nose gear door of an RAAF Hornet

F1000021.jpg

I was fortunate enough to get an afternoon in the Naval Aviation Museum archives at Pensacola last week. While I was mainly after helicopters, I found a few pics I thought you fixed wing guys might like so I thought I'd share the wealth. I apologize if some of these are reposts.

Ray

A4D102P4.jpg

A4D125P6.jpg

A4D12676.jpg

A4D12715.jpg

A4D12733.jpg

A4D12735.jpg

A4D12737.jpg

A4D142P8.jpg

A4D131P5.jpg

A4D12626.jpg

• 6 months later...

Image request - Does anyone have images of TA-4F 154311 when it served with H&MS-13 at El Toro or VMAT-102 at Yuma in the mid/late-1970s when it wore green/tan/brown adversary colors? I'm looking for an image showing the color pattern on the right wing and tail.

Edited by John B

This thread also needs more Scooter images and to be revived. I shot these TA-4F images in 2001 at NAS North Island. Unfortunately, I shot the images on slide film and I scanned them from prints, hence the low quality.

TA-4J2.jpg

TA-4J1.jpg

Ahhh... action shot with nice light, bright colors, and photogenic subject. If only I could've done something about the background....

Well, I guess I'll add my shots to this thread. Great photos btw, guys.

These are all from scans of photos so the quality isn't the best:

This/these A-4Ms were at Kadena Okinawa in the spring of 1980:

42.jpg

43.jpg

45.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

410.jpg

412.jpg

414.jpg

Edited by DonSS3

These were taken sometime in the late 70s:

t2.jpg

Below were at NAS Norfolk, VC-10:

t7.jpg

t8.jpg

VT-7 sometime in the mid-80s at NAs Brunswick, ME (IIRC):

IMG015.jpg

IMG016.jpg

IMG017.jpg

IMG018.jpg

IMG021.jpg

This EA-4F was at NAS Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico in late 1979 or (very) early 1980:

t3.jpg