1/72nd RoG F-22A Raptor

Just thought you might like to see what it looks like built up. This is a test shot, built without instructions or decals (decals are from TwoBobs). The pilot figure does not come with the kit, I tinted the canopy with Tamiya Smoke and replaced the weapon door actuators with straight pins, otherwise it is OOB. I used the painting technique developed by Mark S. using metallic paints and FWIW I used light ghost gray for the light trim color and aggressor gray for the darker gray trim.

080412-3F22AmodelLRQ.jpg

080412-4F22AmodelRRQ.jpg

080412-5F22AmodelBTM.jpg

Nice looking build.

The aircraft looks much better in flight than on the ground IMHO. On the ground it looks goofy :thumbsup:

Not sure it can carry JDAMS though, thought it was limited to GBU-39 SDB's for air to ground.

Nice looking build.

The aircraft looks much better in flight than on the ground IMHO. On the ground it looks goofy :D

Not sure it can carry JDAMS though, thought it was limited to GBU-39 SDB's for air to ground.

It is being tested with GBU-39s. The only currently qualified air-to-ground weapon is the GBU-32.

...where's the pilot from, looks great too!

Jeff

To tell you the truth, I don't remember. Since virtually none of the model companies do pilot figures in 1/72nd scale anymore, I scrounge them from wherever I can find them.

yea i aggree. that is outstanding stuff mat. great paint job. lovely little model.

Anyone know when the UK will see it?

Richard

It's been on sale in the UK for almost 3 weeks,sitting on the Hannants list for most of that time. Nice build Jim.

Stephen

Edited by Stephen
Just thought you might like to see what it looks like built up. This is a test shot, built without instructions or decals (decals are from TwoBobs). The pilot figure does not come with the kit, I tinted the canopy with Tamiya Smoke and replaced the weapon door actuators with straight pins, otherwise it is OOB. I used the painting technique developed by Mark S. using metallic paints and FWIW I used light ghost gray for the light trim color and aggressor gray for the darker gray trim.

Could you clarify what you mean by the trim? I assume LGG for the edges etc, but what did you use aggressor grey for (and what FS is this??)

Also, what did you overcoat with to get the brown tint?

Looks really good!