Nichimo Ki-45 Toryu (Nick)

Nice lines on that plane. Have you decided how it will be painted?

I might go with the IJA light grey mottled with IJA Dark green but I am also contemplating on the overall "tea brown" appearance.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been a while since I worked on this kit. Here are some progress shots:

CIMG2787.JPG

Assembled engine nacelles and cleaned wings and wheel wells in preparation for painting.

CIMG2790.JPG

Painted the interiors with Gunze No. 8 Silver. Will decide the shade of aotake later.

CIMG2788.JPG

Fuselage halves closed and sealed upward firing gun ports with CA. Sanded the seams and dry fitted canopies.

Cheers, :blink:

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Good progress so far on a very good but old Nichimo kit. What color did you use for the interior??? Have one in the stash which I would like to get started on. Too many jets lately, need to do a prop job as a change of pace.

Chuck

Fly Navy

Hi Guys, thanks.

To Chuck, I used a mix of Khaki Drab and brown. I found it a little dark though but its OK. Work just kept me off the bench for a while and I am looking forward for the weekend for some progress on this bird,

Cheers,

This project may have to be "shelved" as during the weekend, some of my young nephews invaded my hobby room, found the "Nick" with its wings attached lying on my workbench and while I was entertaining the old folks, they decided to test it's aerodynamic capabilities by letting it fly off the water tank. Since then my hobby room has been added with security locks. My nephews got away by apologizing and by giving me their "cute" smiles.

So the score:

Nephews = 1 :lol:

Tony = 0 :o :soapbox:

Edited by achook-achook