RF-4 Phantom Books

Can anyone recomend a phantom book for Photo Phantoms?

I have a couple of phantom books but they dont really cover the photo models at all.

Thanks

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

I have the Aerofax Minigraph called McDonnell RF-4 Varients by Jay Miller. It is an excellent resource on the recce Rhinos. There are several available on Amazon now starting at $10.00. Can't beat that. :thumbsup:

Bert Kinsey's "Color and Markings" series titled RF-4 Recon Phantoms is GREAT. It gives a quick coverage of EVERY active duty, Reserve/ANG USAF and Marine unit to fly the recce Phantom.

Darwin

A nice addition to the booksgelf might be "RECCE TECH", by Paul F Crickmore.

Osprey series

ISBN 0-85045-908-7

About 50% covers a lot of photo's of the RF-4C (192nd TRS "High Rollers"). Most of the pictures depict the RF-4C from different angles. Some pages have been spent on the photo-equipment (i.e. camera's), the instrument panels, etc., etc.. The other 50% has been devoted to the U-2 & SR-71. All in all a very neat book for a very nice price. I've picked mine up for some 5$ quite some years ago...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

From my personal library -

Detail & Scale Vol 12. F-4 Phantom II Pt 3 USN & USMC Versions - Best overall coverage for Navy F-4s in a small size. Good for details specific to RF-4B. As long as I build USN/USMC Phantom models, I'll hang on to this book.

Another book you might consider is the Airdoc publication No. 8 which details the RF-4E in Bundesluftwaffe service. I know it's about German RF-4s, but it has some excellent photos and markings details.

:rolleyes: