I think the last Cylon is 'Helo'. Why? He is so inconspicious in the background he's not even speculated about. Besides, he was the first to fall for a Cylon and he was the guinee pig being chased that they used Boomer for 'the fall in love experiment ' on Caprica (hence D'anna's apoligy to him for when she saw him att he temple). Excuse the bad grammer people.

I would think it wouldn't be Helo, because he fathered a child with the Cylon Boomer. I thought the premise was that the Cylons couldn't reproduce or wanted a human Cylon hybrid, so someone in that pairing has to be human and we know Boomer isn't. Could be Starbuck, but that's too obvious. Probably Adama or Baltar.

Baltar's not one. Too easy. He WANTs to be one.

Adama can't be. It would be a total travesty for the entire series, plus it would make no frakking sense.

Why chase them for 3 years and lose thousands upon thousands of cylons in pursuit of something when all Adama has to do is throw the big fight? Also, Adama's been around since before Cylons looked like humans. He's got kids. He can't be cylon. Despite all this I'm really dreading their poor judgement on who the final cylon will be.

Saul can't be a cylon. Want to know why?

He's Adama's oldest friend. He's been fighting cylons just as long as Adama. This is back when cylons looked like toasters. So he CAN'T be a sleeper cylon unless the only man that can personally vouch for him (Adama) is one as well. I've shown why Adama isn't one, so that means Saul Tigh can't be one.

That just makes no sense on the writers' part.

I'm really dreading the "final" reveal. It's just not going to be anything good, continuity-wise.

huh? but it's already been revealed he is one.

That's what they want you to think...

I'm still holding out that the 4 "Cylons" aren't actually Cylons (but have undergone some kind of "Manchurian Candidate" thing to make them believe they are) To have Tigh revealed as a Cylon given the past history with Adama, and service during the first Cylon war, does not make much sense. Same with Chief Tyrol, Anders and Tory.

As to the 5th Cylon?

Not Baltar - too obvious; besides he's got the Messianic complex thing going for him...

Adama? - Nope - for reasons already listed...

Starbuck? - possible, but unlikely. Just seems too obvious...

Laura Roslin? - again - not likely.

BUT - how about Tom Zarek? Wants power, represents a divisive force within the fleet, has not had alot of exposure about his past (save his connection wtih the terrorist movement back on the 12 colonies) - who better to be a sleeper agent?

My $0.02

Don't think it's Zarek because he isn't a major character that is on the show week after week. It's got to be someone you see a lot of. Apollo could be a good one, he's a sleeper.

Just remember, it doesn't have to make sense. There has been a lot of stuff that has happened that defies any logic and seems just made up for dramatic tension.

The Final Cylon has been revealed......

SPOILERS BELOW!!

Are you sure you want to learn the identity of the fifth Cylon here instead of watching the show next week?

Dirk%20Benedict%20Galactica%20Starbuck.jpg

I'm still holding out that the 4 "Cylons" aren't actually Cylons My $0.02

i was thinking the same thing. they have never shown any proof of them being Cylons. so they heard some music, so the dudes eyes glowed red..that's not proof. i am holding out that they aren't.

Bill

Saul can't be a cylon. Want to know why?

He's Adama's oldest friend. He's been fighting cylons just as long as Adama. This is back when cylons looked like toasters. So he CAN'T be a sleeper cylon unless the only man that can personally vouch for him (Adama) is one as well. I've shown why Adama isn't one, so that means Saul Tigh can't be one.

Saul Tigh and Bill Adama didn't meet until years after the first Cylon wars. Both were civilians at the time. If you must know, they met when Adama pulled Tigh out of a barfight.

AHA!

This makes sense - the final 5 Cylons, therefore. are:

a-team.jpg

What?!?!?! I pity the fool that calls Mr. T a cylon. Mr. T don't stand for no jibber jabber

Adama can't be. It would be a total travesty for the entire series

No....the total travesty for the series happened when they gave Starbuck boobies.

Edited by paul.nortness

No, Paul, the biggest travesty so far was making Lee and Kara "supposedly" fall in love (*blech*)

Adama and Tigh both date way back though, even if they met years after the first cylon war it is still well before cylons looked like people. They couldn't have placed a sleeper back then.

Let's not forget Helen (or is it Ellen? I can't tell). She was his wife the entire time, according to flashbacks we saw. She was an additional vouch.

I too was thinking/hoping the "4" were only deluded into thinking they are cylons, then Anders' eyes glowed red and he triggered a reaction in the raider. That's damning evidence right there.

I'm not too happy about chief Tyrrell and Tigh being cylons. That's stupid. Both of them have been instrumental in the destruction of umpteen billion cylons and have both been instrumental in keeping Gallactica in the fight.

Don't forget guys....neither the Cylons that we see in the show (i.e. Number 6, Sharon, etc.) knew that the other 5 were out there....they got the hint after the raiders didn't go after the fleet....they're still not 100% sure though. Also, the final four going after and killing thousands of Cylons doesn't mean anything...if they were sleeper agents and didn't know who they really are then they wouldn't have any reason to not kill as many of the frackin toasters as they could. It'll be intresting to see what happens from now on out....it looks like Callie finds out about chief this week....what will she do? Keep her mouth shut or go to someone and blab?

I gotta say that of the four revealed, I'm thinking that it's a split on them, and that maybe a couple are and a couple aren't - Anders with the whole Raider scan thing sure seems to be, but I'm dubious about Tigh still - although I thought it was Tigh that D'anna apologized to - because of his torture and loss of his eye on New Caprica.

I want to believe that Baltar is involved, but I think he's more likely some wierd hybrid, or even the Cylon "god" - something strange like that. As for the fifth/twelfth and final model - it's hard to say, Helo doesn't make sense, as they wouldn't have made as big a deal about the daughter being a hybrid, and the "future" (i.e. the cylons and humans are going to make peace in the end). Starbuck is, well something else, and it's hard to say what (one of the few ties back to the original series that they haven't gone to is the ship of light and that whole aspect - which could come along as an explanation for her return). Although remember, that according to BSG:Razor, she's the harbinger of doom - and the Cylons know it. Hard to say what that means.

Anyone that has kids - Adama, Tyroll - is seemingly out as otherwise, it makes Helo and Boomer's baby less "miraculous," Also Roslyn seems to be out because of her ailment, that doesn't fit with the "machine" world.

All I know is that I'm enjoying the heck out of the series, and hate that the final season is going to be split by a year, wrapping up in 2009...