Fair enough - but cancer seems different from a "foreign" plague resulting from a probe from the ancient 13th colony...

Of course half the reveal is going to be what's up with earth when they get here - are we all Cylons, or a world of hybrids, or will we have just been over run by those damned, dirty apes?

It'll be interesting for sure.

I guess the main question that I haven’t seen answered is where do the human Cylon models come from? Are they complete fabrications (i.e. there was never a human Boomer, Six, etc.), or did they kidnap a real human and copy them with all of their memories? If it’s the latter, then anyone, in theory, could be a Cylon no matter how long someone has known them.

i think the fact that they killed Cylons doesn't mean they aren't Cylons. remember, these Cylons are different from the others. it could be that this particular group of Cylons are human friendly. that may be why they "don't speak of them".

hmmmm.........

***** LAST EPISODE SPOILER WARNING FOR THOSE THAT ARE NOT CURRENT:

Scroll down

Not to mention the fact that they just started killing each other with delight in the last episode...

Ya really wanna know who the fifth Cylon is ?

Scroll down if you do .... Spoiler Warning !

:popcorn:

Don't say I didn't warn you ....

:cheers:

Suspensful, ain't it ?

Ta Daaaaaaa !

dark_helmet_angry.jpg

:thumbsup:

Gregg

I think the fifth Cylon is one of the women in the religious cult that Baltar has been shacking up with. Reason I say that is I am pretty sure it is a woman based on one spoiler type photo I saw, but I really don't think it is Starbuck (too obvious). Other reason I say that is two of the four revealed weren't around from day one anyway. Anders was on Caprica for Starbuck to find him and Roslin's assistant came only after Billy got killed. That makes Saul and our resident head fixer of Vipers being the only two who were around from day one.

I don't think these final five are humanoid Cylons in the traditional sense anyway since they act too human. When one dies, I doubt they will pop up in a regeneration tank on a Basestar since no bodies were made for them (otherwise, just have another Cylon walk in and find them and say "hey look, it's the final five!). So death is death for them. Plus, Saul and Tyrol didn't get sick on Ragnar like Leoban did (even if he was there longer, those two should have shown some signs of illness). More then likely they are the earliest experiment by the Cylons to creat humanoid sleeper agents, probably through cloning. Mental conditioning brought them up as Cylons, but when they got to Earth, they were TOO human and went native. Tyrol was able to father a child at least with Callie when that capability eluded the seven until Boomer did it with Helo. And we haven't seen a second kid running around in Six's and Roslin's dreams either, so that kid isn't a hybrid like Hera. They are also not capable of feats of super strength like the normal humanoid Cylons have shown.

So the remaining seven that were created later were made better with better programming and under more controlled means. They were told not to think about the "final five" (more like the original five) since nobody wanted them to find out what made them break their programming and become fully human like one of the Boomers.

As for Starbuck, my theory right now is she might be a clone of the original Kara, probably from the tissue sample taken of her on Caprica and Leoban's antics (he has been strangely absent of late on the basestars). In that sense, she could be the 13th Cylon, which would be bad luck for them. Of course, she could be something else, miraculous, brought about by new BSGs version of the ship of lights from the classic series. But it seems too oddball right now. I'll keep watching.

Or maybe the Daedalus, Odyssey or Apollo from Stargate SG-1 beamed her aboard right as her ship exploded and used Asgard technology to make a new Viper. They are being secretive so that the Cylons don't get brought to Earth and become a new threat for Stargate Command. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jay Chladek
Or maybe the Daedalus, Odyssey or Apollo from Stargate SG-1 beamed her aboard right as her ship exploded and used Asgard technology to make a new Viper. They are being secretive so that the Cylons don't get brought to Earth and become a new threat for Stargate Command. :worship:

OH! Crossover potential!

I would say it's Baltar. He and one of the many Six's were in his house when it was destroyed by a blast wave on Caprica, during the very 1st episode. Not a human-survivable event, unless you have more than one body.

That scene reminded me of the original BSG movie, where John Colicos's Baltar was executed by his Cylon buddies after the end of his usefulness to them.....only to be written back into the T.V. series.

I would say it's Baltar. He and one of the many Six's were in his house when it was destroyed by a blast wave on Caprica, during the very 1st episode. Not a human-survivable event, unless you have more than one body.

The house wasn't destroyed, just all the glass shattered. That could have killed him, only 6 shielded him (she stood in front of him) and she died instead of him. She kept him alive.

That alone doesn't mean he's human, just that it's not a solid reason he's definitely the last cylon :cheers:

That scene reminded me of the original BSG movie, where John Colicos's Baltar was executed by his Cylon buddies after the end of his usefulness to them.....only to be written back into the T.V. series.

Exactly why I think it is Baltar. No one could have survived that nuclear blast, even if sheilded by 6 sixes, although he'd have one heck of a smile on his face, I sure would.

I think the fifth Cylon is one of the women in the religious cult that Baltar has been shacking up with. Reason I say that is I am pretty sure it is a woman based on one spoiler type photo I saw, but I really don't think it is Starbuck (too obvious). Other reason I say that is two of the four revealed weren't around from day one anyway. Anders was on Caprica for Starbuck to find him and Roslin's assistant came only after Billy got killed. That makes Saul and our resident head fixer of Vipers being the only two who were around from day one.

I don't think these final five are humanoid Cylons in the traditional sense anyway since they act too human. When one dies, I doubt they will pop up in a regeneration tank on a Basestar since no bodies were made for them (otherwise, just have another Cylon walk in and find them and say "hey look, it's the final five!). So death is death for them. Plus, Saul and Tyrol didn't get sick on Ragnar like Leoban did (even if he was there longer, those two should have shown some signs of illness). More then likely they are the earliest experiment by the Cylons to creat humanoid sleeper agents, probably through cloning. Mental conditioning brought them up as Cylons, but when they got to Earth, they were TOO human and went native. Tyrol was able to father a child at least with Callie when that capability eluded the seven until Boomer did it with Helo. And we haven't seen a second kid running around in Six's and Roslin's dreams either, so that kid isn't a hybrid like Hera. They are also not capable of feats of super strength like the normal humanoid Cylons have shown.

So the remaining seven that were created later were made better with better programming and under more controlled means. They were told not to think about the "final five" (more like the original five) since nobody wanted them to find out what made them break their programming and become fully human like one of the Boomers.

As for Starbuck, my theory right now is she might be a clone of the original Kara, probably from the tissue sample taken of her on Caprica and Leoban's antics (he has been strangely absent of late on the basestars). In that sense, she could be the 13th Cylon, which would be bad luck for them. Of course, she could be something else, miraculous, brought about by new BSGs version of the ship of lights from the classic series. But it seems too oddball right now. I'll keep watching.

Or maybe the Daedalus, Odyssey or Apollo from Stargate SG-1 beamed her aboard right as her ship exploded and used Asgard technology to make a new Viper. They are being secretive so that the Cylons don't get brought to Earth and become a new threat for Stargate Command. :bandhead2:

I agree that the issue with the final 5 is that they were, or became, "too human". That's probably why they aren't talked about, they were probably early experiments and considered "failures" because they were too human and broke their programing. You could see that the "humanity" is spreading to the Cylons from new Caprica and onward. For most of season 3, after the long term contact with the humans on New Caprica, the Cylons started arguing amongst themselves more and definitely the split and actions in last weeks episode show that they aren't all one machine working toward one common goal. My feeling is that humanity is a disease that is spreading through the humanoid Cylons and will eventually destroy them. I thought it was interesting that the metal Centurions are also capable of independent thought, just inhibited by a mechanical device.

I feel pretty sure that the four are really Cylons. The only thing I'm having a problem with is that, if they were the earliest experiments, why wouldn't they be numbered 1-5 or 8-12? The "missing" numbers seem scattered throughout the number range.

The mechanical Cylon inhibitor I imagine was something that the leader Cylons came up with after the first war with the humans ended. It was the mechanical Cylons that first rebelled against humanity and started the war, presumeably because like say Skynet from Terminator, they saw all humans as a threat, not just those on the other side. It all goes back to that "All this has happened before, all this will happen again" stuff uttered on the human and hybrid side over the past three seasons. So, take the inhibitor away and the centurions get cranky since they hate being cannon fodder. They are rebelling against the humanoid Cylons just like their original models did fourty years ago.

StarTrek3-342.jpeg

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious ****!"

In those pre-net days I didn't know he was in it but as soon as that voice came out I started laughing and had to leave the theatre for a few when the Trekkies began to glare (it was first night...does that mean I'm one too?)

Ok back to the thread topic...if you are a Cylon and didn't know it how did you explain the wierd red glow in the bedroom everytime something rocks your world....Hello Cleveland

Matt

Thank the gods for no robot daggets in this one

Edited by Matt Roberts
I would think it wouldn't be Helo, because he fathered a child with the Cylon Boomer. I thought the premise was that the Cylons couldn't reproduce or wanted a human Cylon hybrid, so someone in that pairing has to be human and we know Boomer isn't. Could be Starbuck, but that's too obvious. Probably Adama or Baltar.

Also, if chief is one, then they would have has 2 hybrid babies and that wouldn't have made sense to chase Boomers kid all over.

My bet is it's the president. They even hinted to it when they landed on the temple planet (can't remember the name) based on Madame Presidents "vision" which turned out to be a toaster trap!

Or maybe the Daedalus, Odyssey or Apollo from Stargate SG-1 beamed her aboard right as her ship exploded and used Asgard technology to make a new Viper. They are being secretive so that the Cylons don't get brought to Earth and become a new threat for Stargate Command. :thumbsup:
Holy crossover! So the reason that Anders' eye glowed is that he's got a snake in him!

[T'ealc]In-deed[/T'ealc]

I think the last Cylon is 'Helo'. Why? He is so inconspicious in the background he's not even speculated about. Besides, he was the first to fall for a Cylon and he was the guinee pig being chased that they used Boomer for 'the fall in love experiment ' on Caprica (hence D'anna's apoligy to him for when she saw him att he temple). Excuse the bad grammer people.

You are.