I'm Back with F-14A TOMCAT 1/32

first time i'll see such paint effect !!

well, there are only two solutions....first is to try it by myself and restart a 32 nd cat...or restart myGiJoe colelction.......

hat off Sir.....a great cat !

Pat

The subject is great as always!

But the paint job is incredible! Man! You do are an artist! I am looking at these picture over and over again, and I can not believe what I'm seeing...

:woo::cheers::woo:

/Kristian

i second the movement to quit now and forever hold my piece. That is absolutly AMAZING. very nice job.

i actually thought the first picture was of a real jet...took me a minute(till i saw the "model by Oishi) to figure out that it wasn't. then i keep looking thinking....holy...............

very nice.

Biz

Edited by bizzah

Well done Oishi, this is another terrific model.

Some elements of the weathering are superb. Stand-outs for me are the upper surface of the horizontal stabilators and rear deck plus the exterior of the jet pipes.

Two questions if I may,........how did you achieve the blotchy appearance of the weathering and what colours did you use for the jet pipes?

Thanks in advance.

:bandhead2:

Thank you sir for valuable comment :cheers:

How to work on my cat

For F-14, I just re-scribe the panel line follow the old raise line. The rest are built OOB. I am more focus on painting/ weathering to simulate from the real plane.

All painting is Gunze and camouflage are follow instruction sheet together with Daco F-14 cookbook. This plane is Lo-vis camo, Top of the fuselage is Gunze no.337, Bottom is Gunze no.308, vertical fin and glaze area from radome to cockpit is Gunze no. 14 navy blue. After finished all base color, I tone down base color and using airbrush spot painting on the fuselage and then repeat the same method by darken the base color and spot painting by airbrush. If it too dark, using base color overspray.and I use colour technic from saltydog ( Superb technic Thankyou again you can see his technic from http://www.s205409446.onlinehome.us/Gal7/6...altydog/00.shtm )

Once Painted job finished, weathering by mix Tamiya enamel XF-1 + XF-10 50%-50% for wash the plsne.

Jet pips

1.Paint base color with silver

2.Mix the two colors to simulate spectrum for burnt iron.

Clear orange+black (80:30)

Clear blue+black (90:10)

3.Paint the mixed color in item#2 on the heated area.—Good to have reference photos on this step.

4.Using clear coating this layer and let it dry for 24 hours.

5.Paint the fuselage camou color as normal and blank the scratched area from the heat.—This step consume a lot of time, need some patient to control the fine line painting airbrush work.

6.Once the camou color are dry. Using the finest sandpaper softly rub on the spread color area.

7.Wash by Tamiya enamel XF10+XF1 30:70

all technic as i tell you need to more carefuly when doing.

Let ‘s try…

Thankyou again :wave:

no words........... :crying2:

i'm very motivated for my big revell Cat, now...

i LOVE your model...

want mine like this... (i will have to work a lot...)

bye

Absolutely stunning, I love the weathering, really well done... Beautiful work!!! :thumbsup:

Oishi I have to ask, are there many scale model builders in Thailand? Are there any model building clubs? I visiting the Kingdom very often & would love to meet up with Thai modelers.

Ahui hou :worship:

Mark

Hi Buck

It have few peaple in Thailand select model-kit as him/her hobby, because it not easy like computer game or read any books. it have small club here that forming for meeting, disscussing and small competition. but this little socitie look like it not united as it be... modellers in thialand think with him/her self like he is the best and not respect to other.

this is big problem here but it is also has something good, many guy make him self products for Thai modeller, some modeller make website for meeting and disscussing.. we have a little harmonious for resist makeshift guys like counterfeit factory and etc. for rise we socitie to international class.

Oishi