RAF Chinook (1982) Experten Needed Please

Building the Italeri HC.1 RAF Chinook. The bottom parts fit where they touch. Oh well. Anyway, two questions.

a. The upper most cockpit windows that flank the forward doghouse. Are they tinted blue or green like other Chinooks. I've looked at hundreds of photos on Airliners.net and to be honest, I cannot tell if they are blue or green or not even tinted. Any help would be great.

b. Some folks have stated the font is wrong for the Royal Air Force fuselage titles in the kit decals. Anyone found a better source in the correct size. Many thanks.

:monkeydance:

Reviewing all the color photos I have of Brit Chinooks, I say the brow-windows are clear, not tinted at all.

As for the font of the decals, if you're talking about the 1/72nd scale HC.1 kit, they are too chunky. Alternatives I would recommend are on the Matchbox kit decals, or just about any UK-made aftermarket decals for Whirlwinds or Sea Kings. I've looked through my decal binder and found several sheets that should do the trick.

Now I'll tack on a question of my own...

c. When the Chinooks were repainted in sand-pink for Op. Granby (First Gulf War), were the walkways and warning stripes along the spine overpainted too?? I've looked through my photos, and don't have a good view to tell me one way or the other.

Edited by RotorheadTX
Reviewing all the color photos I have of Brit Chinooks, I say the brow-windows are clear, not tinted at all.

As for the font of the decals, if you're talking about the 1/72nd scale HC.1 kit, they are too chunky. Alternatives I would recommend are on the Matchbox kit decals, or just about any UK-made aftermarket decals for Whirlwinds or Sea Kings. I've looked through my decal binder and found several sheets that should do the trick.

Now I'll tack on a question of my own...

c. When the Chinooks were repainted in sand-pink for Op. Granby (First Gulf War), were the walkways and warning stripes along the spine overpainted too?? I've looked through my photos, and don't have a good view to tell me one way or the other.

Thanks for the feed back. Well that at least means I don't have to paint the inside of the canopy green or blue.

I am building the 1:48 version. Guess I'll keep looking for the correct font. Many thanks again.

They surely over painted on this one B)

Chinook.jpg

Julien