10. Venator

11. BR

12. Hey, I could go on and on...

Star Trek?

1. Refit A

2. NX01

3. That's all!

B

Hawk, from Space: 1999. The Eagles were way cool, too. And some of the spacecraft that later came to the Moon in the show were neato-funky-keen.

Oh, and the usual list of suspects.

But if you really want to pin me down...

One day someone will make an affordable kit of the SW Blockade Runner, and the SP1999 Hawk.

BJ

Voyager

Klingon Attack Cruiser

Speedboat shuttle/Admiral Janeway's command shuttle

Ares IV Mars ship

"Gemini"-type booster/spacecraft from sped-up planet in Voyager episode I can't recall the title of :rofl:

Rick

Hello Rick :rolleyes:

Totally forgotten about the Voyager and the speedboat! Love those too!

I like the E-E too but I felt they kinda pushed it a wee bit too far by making it able to maneuver like a fighter plane. I mean its a capital ship!

B

I'll narrow it down to a top 5...

1. The Falcon...same reasons as everyone else.

2. The Thunderbolt fighters from B5

3. The USCM DropShip from Aliens and its APC

4. NCC-1701 USS Enterprise - both the original and refit versions, no A, B, C, or D. I especially loved the beaten, battered, battle-scarred look after the battle with Reliant.

5. The original Colonial Viper.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about it and I don't know if I have ONE favorite either. Well, I do have a favorite, but it isn't science fiction as it is the Space Shuttle. Okay, so it never went to the Moon, but it is big, flies fast, makes a lot of noise and looks better the more it gets weathered. Plus, even though it may have missed the mark in terms of its cost of operation, in a sense it boggles the mind how many science fiction concepts which were considered cutting edge that the shuttle managed to turn into science fact when it first flew.

Now in terms of SF craft, I can narrow my list to a top three, but I won't say it is for all time as it does tend to alter depending on my tastes. They are:

Space 1999 Eagle: It looks like it could really fly and it is a workhorse. It isn't sleek or fast, but it isn't designed to be either. It is utilitarian to the utmost. And it looks cool whether it is flying or crashing. :thumbsup:

Millennium Falcon: Others pretty well covered it. I first saw Star Wars at age 6 in 1977 and it blew my mind. Looking at the thing, it indeed looks like a piece of junk, like something that doesn't make any sense with its offset cockpit pod. But it is fast, manuevers well and also has some nice armament on it. To me, this ship wasn't exactly a hot rod (as that implied a stripped down roadster to me, which the Falcon isn't). Instead, the ship is like a work truck that some moonshiner got a hold of to haul booze in Mad Max's world. I would say a Ford F-350, which somebody once utilized as a tow truck and kitbashed with stuff taken from a NASCAR Craftsman Truck (race ready engine, roll cage, performance suspension) and a turret mounted 50 caliber machine gun turret thrown in the pickup bed for good measure. It looks like a hunk of junk, but it is fast, can turn and can also sting.

Y-Wing: My favorite fighter from SW. It wasn't sleek or sexy like the X-Wing, but to me it looked right and made more sense with the big engines and the center cockpit pod with a turret. The ship has an "F-4 Phantom" affection associated with it in terms of it being a fighter bomber.

There was a 1/100 gunstar but the last I heard from the manufacturer he had suffered too much damage from the four major huricanes that hit us in florida and he didn't think he would be producing them again.

• 3 weeks later...

Enterprise refit by a mile for me! The first movie was a bit of a yawn but I will never forget seeing that fly-by in space-dock for the first time on the big screen. Drooled all over myself...

A few favorites in no particular order:

Sulaco

Tyderium Shuttle

Liberator (Blake's 7)

Buck Rogers Starfighter

Event Horizon

Heart of Gold (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, TV show, not movie)

Klingon Brid of Prey

and of course, the greatest ship in the universe...

The Tardis! :)

• 2 weeks later...

For me there is only one... seems to be at the very least in most of your lists top 5... Millenium Falcon. It kinda broke all the rules of spaceships really, well for that matter so did many of the ships in Star Wars... but this one was awkward looking, not sleak, but strange in a way yet it's sher size, and sounds it eminated just screamed POWER on the big screen... what an awesome ship...

BTW did you guy see the newly released toy Falcon? Man this thing is awesome... I was about to buy it for my 5 year old... but man it's big and it's heavy ;-)

http://gizmodo.com/5033369/guest-review-mi...jesse-alexander

... and here's the old one... my god I spent a lot of time playing with this thing as a kid =)

http://theswca.com/images-toys/figuretoys/falcon.html

-Greg

Great thread!

Here are mine, in no particular order

Naboo Starship

Millenium Falcon

GunStar

Crusher Joe Harpy

Macross VF-2 SS

BSG Viper Mk7

Homeworld Taiidan Scout

Nice Petar. Hey any chance you feel like a 1/72 GunStar scratchbuild? And of course you'd be obliged to show me how you did it or cast a copy! :worship:

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, its certainly something I've considered. The thing I like about the Gunstar is that it really looks like a ship of space, no wings, etc, and also for something so futuristic it has a metallic finish which is unusual post-Star Wars. It also hasn't 'dated' as a design, at all.