1:72 Italeri C-130J

There are no more Allison motors, Roll royce bought them out. Also The USAF does not use the Stretch as of yet. I know the Marines have some. The engine should have a very slight stagger to them when looing from the side. the outboards are also a little higher. This is so the props are not beating the same air. the fuselage is the same except for the front of the Wheel wells due to an APU on the Left and a larger AC pack on the right. Landing Gear is the same as well. Believe it or not, The Max weight that a stretch can carry is the same as the shorter one.

If you need more info please PM me. I have spent 15 years on C-130's

Uhhh....who is JENESIS (C-130J Nacelles)? Is he talking about Jen's version of the nacelles? If so...Jen's versions look farrr better. But who is JENESIS?

Paul

I believe the JENESIS nacelles are Jen's, It may be a name she used to market them.

Edited by Trojan Thunder

I think almost all of the USAF J models are stretched ones except for Rhode Island ANG. If memory serves..... They have some 97 model J's that started as non-stretched H3 models, but were converted on the assembly line. I'm just saying..... Stretched is way more common.

Also....

A correction..

They are T-56 engines, not T-57.

Curt

There are J-30 models at Little Rock AFB, 50th AS. and now at Dyess AFB, 317th AG. I believe that Yakota Japan will be receiving them as well.As for the ANG Cailfornia ANG 146AW, Rhode Island 143AW have the -30's Maryland 135AG have standard J models. HArrisburg PA has the EC-130J.

Waiting for the new MC-130J Combat Shadow II to arrive here at Kirtland. All of AFSOC's MC-130J's will be the standard size C-130. BTW...today I flew in the handsome, sleek, high performance MC-130H Combat Talon II. :thumbsup:

LOL don't forget "High performance"! As we like to say "Low Speed, High Drag"! Or is it the other way around? Thursday I get to enjoy a 6 hour ride in an MC-130P!

Curt