F/A-18ish question (regarding VERs)

Although I have now posetd two of my builds on ARC, this is my first forum post.

Here goes: I'm building a (1/32) F/A-18D (VMFA-224 of course ;-)), question is if GBU-12s are carried in tandem on standard Vertical Ejector Racks or only on the newer, canted VERs.

My research thus far indicates canted VERs only, which would seem to discount using the kit VERs. Darn!

Thx for the help,

Marcel

Although I have now posetd two of my builds on ARC, this is my first forum post.

Here goes: I'm building a (1/32) F/A-18D (VMFA-224 of course ;-)), question is if GBU-12s are carried in tandem on standard Vertical Ejector Racks or only on the newer, canted VERs.

My research thus far indicates canted VERs only, which would seem to discount using the kit VERs. Darn!

Thx for the help,

Marcel

CVER only for GBU-12 on a legacy Hornet. No dual carriage at all for GBU-12 on a Super Hornet.

From what I have read, CVER's only and not VER's for parallel mount GBU-12's.

I too plan to load 2 GBU-12's on a CVER on a 1/32nd F/A-18 and am going to modify tone of the kit VER's into a CVER to achieve

this with a bit of scratch building.

I too plan to load 2 GBU-12's on a CVER on a 1/32nd F/A-18 and am going to modify tone of the kit VER's into a CVER to achieve

Thx!!

Thx for the feedback!! I may just hang a single one on there, since I don't know if VMFA-224 used CVERs in their 2005 deployment...

Thx Joe!

CVER's are pretty much standard now and every squadron has them.

here is photo from USMC.mil from the time frame you are building.

she has 2 GBU-12s on the left wing.

050623-M-5607G-059.jpg

Edited by leatherneck224
CVER's are pretty much standard now and every squadron has them.

here is photo from USMC.mil from the time frame you are building.

she has 2 GBU-12s on the left wing.

050623-M-5607G-059.jpg

Thx! Also, thx for the pic, that is exactly the config that I'm interested in. Appreciate -224 pic too... I have the sheet, can't wait to use it.

Marcel