Some progress.

Foxed the broken tail and working on the rudder bits. Fitted the tailplanes and the intakes. Intakes are white metal and will need more putty to fair them in, the look a little undersize.

cosnt1.jpg

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
Some progress.

Foxed the broken tail and working on the rudder bits. Fitted the tailplanes and the intakes. Intakes are white metal and will need more putty to fair them in, the look a little undersize.

Julien

Very interesting! I have the same combination waiting its turn here somewhere (got mine off ebay if it is of any interest) and I think I can learn a lot from you just by watching you build this conversion.

Funny, mine had a broken tail fin as well.

As for the air intakes, I *think* they were smaller in the actual A model than in the later twin engine versions. Can someone verify this?

Funny, mine had a broken tail fin as well.

As for the air intakes, I *think* they were smaller in the actual A model than in the later twin engine versions. Can someone verify this?

Must have been a problem with them, the broken tail.

The intakes were samller on the A as you had 2 feeding one engine, where with the C one intake fed one engine.

The white metal ones in the kit are a litte undersized, two goes with the putty sorted them out.

One word of caution, when I used superglue on the resin it had a weird reaction and was more like normal plastic glue, in as it did not actually cure straight away like superglue but it reacted with the resin and the resin went a little soft :coolio: once left to dry the bond was good, just not instant (wierd).

Julien

• 1 month later...

Quick update (no pics sorry), been working wierd shifts due to people having holidays so not got much modeling done.

I primed the airframe after sticking the wings on, then when holding it up to the light, I dropped the bloody thing! :thumbsup:

The tail sheared of where I had fixed it. Repaired it with 2 part epoxy so is fixed now. Shot on a top coat of white from a rattle can. Now that my Model master chevy engine red has arrived from the US I can think about doing the orange bits. Just giving the paint a couple of days to rock hard before I start anymore.

Oh fitted the front canopy and I must have botched it a little as the fit is bad, too late to fix now.

Julien

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...