Tamiya 1/32nd F-15E Strike Eagle.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for stopping by. Some of you may have followed along with my In-Progress build over the last few years and I thank you for all of the support, help and encouragement you've shown me. :banana:

Originally, I'd planned to wait until I'd got a photo of Lakenheath for a back drop but the combination of boredom and an unseasonably warm, calm day here in the U.K. has resulted in a change to proceedings.

Since this is the Critiques forum I hope you will post any/all comments or thoughts. I'd prefer critiques of the actual model rather than my photographic techniques etc. but, feel free to add anything you think might be helpful in improving my modelling.

I know that this style of image does n't suit everybody but I prefer to photograph the model in natural light to make it as convincing as possible.

So, without further ado, Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce the United States Air Force Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle!

I hope you enjoy the pictures...............

tn_Frontal9.jpg

tn_Frontal11.jpg

tn_Leftside5.jpg

tn_Ordnanceclose-up.jpg

(Blast, it looks like I've misjudged the image size! I don't like these black bars above very image. I'll re-size them all tomorrow)

Edited by geedubelyer

;) Wow! I'm speechless!

EDIT: What a fantastic job! :banana: The pics really look like they're of the real thing. Had to double-, no, triple-take to make sure I wasn't looking at a walk-around of a real jet. Outstanding job on the pilot figures - they really bring this one to life! :blink:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

absolutly stunning Guy!!!!

it really does look real in most of those pics!!!

those cans really paid off!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed posting along with your build thread and its a pleasure to see the end results!!!

that irridescent hud really works out well too and stand out quite nicely.

great stuff guy!

Richard

Absolutely stunning Guy! I know I've said it before, but it is the truth. That is on phenomanal build my friend! I am just hoping that when I decide to build mine that it will look half a good as yours. I certainly thank you for taking the time to do a step-by-step commentary on the build so that I (and others) can try to replicate some of your techniques and learn what (very few) pitfalls there are in the build and how to avoid/improve them.

Aaron

Wha? THAT was a model? And I thought it was the real thing. Absolutely gorgeous.

Eric

Same here!!! I was thinking, why post pics of the real thing when it's called a 1/32 walkaround?! That is bloody awesome work right there!! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Ricardo

Wow, Guy. I've followed the build from Day 1 and I just love the finished product.

Even the best of all models tend to look like models when they're done. However, this F-15 truly looks real. You've captured the most minute of details to make this jet really stand out among the crowd. My favorite part is still the crew. That is the most realistic-looking aircrew I've ever seen anywhere, bar none. I intend to shamelessly steal your methods when I build mine! :lol:

Excellent job, my friend! Now bring on that Viper.

Jake

Same here, I watched/read your online build on this Strike Eagle and Su-27 as well. Love your work, turely masters touch... :lol: and I'm with you on the photo's. Natural light is the best way to go!

Mike

DUDE!!!

Sweet!!!

That is one ________(insert every good adjective you can think of here) model! :thumbsup:

(Anyone remember these two?)
How could we forget?

When do we get a photo-shoot of all three of them together? :lol:

Stunning stuff Guy...

<_<

Hey Guy, all the hard work definately paid off,..........you have ended up with one outstanding F-15E.

Absolutetly brilliant job all round, and as Jake said, that crew really tops it off, not to mention those Burner Cans, their in another league altogether. ;)

Outstanding. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler