Tamiya 1/32nd F-15E Strike Eagle.

Guy,

It was fun, inspiring and educational to follow your online build. I'll miss it now and can't wait for your next build. As everyone else has stated - incredible job. Hope my Eagle turns out 1/2 as good as yours.

Thanks for the package of foil. Received it Saturday. Much appreciated!

Robert

I sent a couple of pictures of your build with Lakenheath in the background. I didn't tell him it was a model right away. He wanted to know where I got the pictures from. He was over there for a few years working OSI, now retired. I about fell over when I told him it was a model!

Aw, shucks you guys! ^_^

You've made my day. You lot are the best :worship:

I can't thank you enough for all of the positive feedback and comments. This sort of encouragement makes the whole process worthwhile to me. I'm thrilled that so many of you like the model B)

Brian, I've never done a commision but that does n't mean I never will.......

(I wonder how a model like this would survive a trip over the ocean in a box?)

Jake, go for it! I'm looking forward to seeing you get back to the modelling bench soon.

Robert, I'm glad the foil arrived safe and sound. I hope the sample is self explanatory. Now let's see you put it to good use, eh?

Thanks again guys. I may still add a few pics of "Trip Two" in her natural element if the backdrop shot turns out well.

Keep well all.

:cheers:

*Edit......photos added 08/04/10

tn_TripTwo003.jpg

tn_TripTwo005.jpg

tn_TripTwo018.jpg

tn_TripTwo014.jpg

tn_TripTwo010.jpg

tn_TripTwo011.jpg

tn_TripTwo007.jpg

tn_TripTwo008.jpg

tn_TripTwo009.jpg

Edited by geedubelyer

Hi,

I'm also one of those who was "hooked" to your In-progress thread and learned a lot from the building process.

From looking at the pictures you took you had me confused, i mean i know it is a model but part of my brain keeps telling me it is a real one, this is how good is your build :woot.gif:

I'm waiting to see what is your next project.

Regev.

Ok....now that you have our attention....show us the real model and quit posting pix of a real Beagle sitting on a tarmac somewhere........Whaddaya mean that is the model..surely you jest sir. No kidding that is the model!!!!!!..Daaaaaaammmmnn!!! If you want words to describe just how great that is; forget it..There are no words transcribed to truthfully describe that build. The present superlatives just don't seem to be able to adequately do it justice. That build may have some competition, but not in this Galaxy, nor at this time. Now please let us know how many first places it wins; not if. Its a lock to take at least 4-5 trophies. Don't take it to the Nat's we don't want the others to get discouraged.

All hail the 'Reaper!!

Edited by Angels49

Many, many thanks again guys :D

I'm overwhelmed by all of your kind words and encouragement, I appreciate every comment.

I'm pleased that so many find the build to appear realistic as that was always the intention. I can't take all of the credit though. If it were n't for such a splendid kit I don't think the end result would have been nearly as convincing. I think Tamiya deserve a huge pat on the back for offering such a lovely model kit.

Erm,....I've also had a few requests for more piccies so,....... at the risk of boring you all to tears, here are a few more....... :cheers:

tn_Loadout1a.jpg

tn_Missileclose-up.jpg

tn_Mountedsniper7-1.jpg

I know it's a model, but...............jeeez. It's hard to believe it's not real!!!!. after seeing the last round of pics....it looks even more incredible. I am serious when I say this; when you no longer have need of it I suggest you inquire if the Smithsonian would be interested. If not them I have no doubts the real squadron would jump all over it like Green on grass.