Gidday Guys,

This is the first time I have joined any part of ARC's forums/builds but I'd like to join if I may. I am an Aussie with a passion for Australian Defence Force aircraft particularly RAAF subjects. I am currently building an Italeri 1/48 Thunderbolt II/Warthog in 'what if?' markings as a replacement idea for the RAAF's F111C/G. At this stage I have been working on it for a couple of months on and off and would say although the top side is completed with the major assemblies glued it is only 50% completed as I have been awaiting the Eduard P/E for the cockpit. I still have a lot of external detailing to do including doing the U/C, weapons, access panels etc etc.

I've now worked out how to add pics so here it is so far

DSC01784.jpg

DSC01785.jpg

Regards

Andrew :thumbsup:

Edited by Andrew Doppel

Heya Andrew, welcome to ARC! Good to see yet another Aussie here, and from Melbourne no less. :worship:

I think you should be alright as far as your build goes, I think the 50% completed rule only applies to the beginning (January 1st) of the GB period. So if you've only started a couple of months ago it should be all good.

Good luck mate, keep us updated on your progress. :)

Cheers,

Ricardo

;)

Heya Andrew, welcome to ARC! Good to see yet another Aussie here, and from Melbourne no less. :)

I think you should be alright as far as your build goes, I think the 50% completed rule only applies to the beginning (January 1st) of the GB period. So if you've only started a couple of months ago it should be all good.

Good luck mate, keep us updated on your progress. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Ricardo

Thanks Ricardo. Any idea how to post pics to the forum? I use Photobucket regularly over on AMI and have heard that this is the preferred option on this forum but can't work out how to add pics.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew, Photobucket makes it super easy to add pics here. Click on the link below the image that says 'IMG code'. Just click on it, left mouse button. It will automatically copy the link to your clipboard. Then paste that into your reply. Voi-la! It's just that easy! Give it a try, if it doesn't work, we'll help you get it right.

Thanks Halibut,

Photobucket is down at the moment but when it comes back up again I'll post a couple of pics. :thumbsup:

Regards and thanks

Andrew :worship:

Wow, excellent work mate!! Very clean build. :)

That cutting mat looks familiar, good 'ol reject shop? Good value... :)

Nope! The Warehouse actually. I'm really enjoying this build and can't wait to finish it. ;)

Regards

Andrew (Going to bed now!)

Great work Andrew!

Nice concept, I have an A-10 slated for Oz colours but it is under wraps until I get the kit.

:cheers:

Thanks Ray,

I'd love to do another in the gunship grey with black RAAF markings.

Regards

Andrew