Here is what I have so far. Please bear with me as progress has been on the slow side due to other commitments (Notably family and job). I hope to be able to pick up the pace a little bit and put in a few hours a week of building now that I have a hobby room again. Long story dealing with HIPAA and the wife’s job.

As I sated in my signup post in the Participants and Entries thread, I was going to use the Legneds cockpit set but when I tried to use it I encountered several fit issues. The tub fit to low and there were other issues if I chose to use the set so in the end I opted to use various parts from set in conjunction with Edurard’s F-4F interior PE set.

I decided to fix Revell’s deep well WSO cockpit issue by cutting the pilot and WSO cockpit tubs apart so I could work on the WSO’s pit. I raised the floor approximately .5 cm by cutting the front and rear bulkheads off the floor/console section and then gluing said section back to the bulkheads half a centimeter higher. I also extended the front part of the tub to give the WSO more foot room

picture008.jpg

Pilot's main IP. Modified Eduard PE.

Ed_Frnt_IP.jpg

Pilot_IP.jpg

WSO's upper and lower IPs from Cutting Edge:

WSO_UP_IP.jpg

WSO_LO_IP.jpg

Left and Right Cockpit Sidewalls from the Legend enhancement set.

SideWalls_L.jpg

SideWalls_R.jpg

Pilot's Cockpit Tub

picture005.jpg

WSO's Cockpit Tub:

picture004.jpg

Hope to have more soon

Thanks guys, but my talents pale when compared to most of the builders around here. I hope to keep trying though. This is my 2nd bird in 5 years. Like I said it takes me awhile.

I was only able to get a few minutes in on this at lunch. Probably won't be able to do much more until the weekend.

Anyway I was able to work on the WSO's central console and radar. I am now beginning the tweaking part of fitting the cockpit together.

Pilot's Cockpit

Tub_Pilot_After.jpg

WSO's Cockpit

Tub_WSO_After.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how hodge podged this cockpit has turned out to be here's a shot of the WSO's pit before painting. There's kit parts, CE parts and even Tamiya Parts in here!

Tub_WSO_Before.jpg

I still have the little stuff to do: rudder pedals, control columns, throttles, radar control side stick and O2 hoses. Hopefully this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

I have pics of 336th F-4Es from when I was stationed there back in the late 80s if you are interested. I took a whole series of cockpit and airframe pics. The Revell kit really fell down on the cockpit, it is totally off in proportions and accuracy.

Email me directly at rickmb(at)aol.com

Rick

• 3 weeks later...